PDA

View Full Version : IPHONE OR ETERNITY?

Sandstorm
21 Nov 2008, 01:49pm
My mom jjust resigned with cingular so its either an iPhone or Samsung Eternity, I'm leaning towards the Eternity, but my mom already got the iPhone. I can return it tho.

Zero001
21 Nov 2008, 02:13pm
Out of those two, I'd take the iPhone. Main reason, no Wi-Fi on the Eternity. On top of that the applications available on the iPhone trump the Eternity. There's only a few phones I'd take over the iPhone and the Eternity isn't one of them.

Chef
21 Nov 2008, 02:28pm
JUST BOUGHT THE BLACKBERRY STORM...
IT WINS.
OVER ALL

Red
21 Nov 2008, 02:33pm
IPHONE, no brainer.

And the reviews of the Blackberry Storm are disappointing.

Zero001
21 Nov 2008, 02:37pm
IPHONE, no brainer.

And the reviews of the Blackberry Storm are disappointing.

Agreed. I have no interest in the Storm. I rather have an older Curve than the Storm.

darth jacen
21 Nov 2008, 02:47pm
IPHONE simple i have 1 its god yay

Eldest
21 Nov 2008, 03:06pm
I have iPhone for 6 months now, it's godlike! Definetly iphone!

Red
21 Nov 2008, 03:24pm
The storm's click screen seems like a gimmick more than anything. And it simply isn't as smooth.

As much as I hate on apple computers, I Have to give them credit for the hand held media devices, the UI is great and smooth as can be. Truly seamless as UI should be.

I mean, being able to use the free pandora app in my car was fucking nice. I'm waiting for the next iteration of the Iphone and if it's up to standard I'm canceling my contract with sprint.

Lux
21 Nov 2008, 04:09pm
I'm happy with my simple walkman ;).

Phones people (the whole point)
Also plays some good music.....(saves me getting an mp3).

So yeah........sorted! :laugh:

Sandstorm
21 Nov 2008, 05:51pm
ok new question, which apps to get?

Zero001
21 Nov 2008, 06:05pm
Search the app store and buy what you're interested in. Other than that, Jailbreak it. There's a lot of good freebies available through it.

Repus
22 Nov 2008, 12:50am
Iphone is just stupid, its alot money for junk you really don't even need. Buy just normal good phone for good price and use it for years. Rest of the money for something useful, save or for games.

I don't know anything about that other one.

Italian Jew
22 Nov 2008, 01:09am
Iphone is just stupid, its alot money for junk you really don't even need. Buy just normal good phone for good price and use it for years. Rest of the money for something useful, save or for games.

I don't know anything about that other one.

Carrier pigeons FTW!

Zero001
22 Nov 2008, 09:33am
I don't find the iPhone expensive, but thats all relative. Ever since the price drop, I thought it became a good deal. If you just need/want a cell phone then the iPhone might not be for you. If you want a pocket netbook, mp3 player, camera, phone, pda, handheld game device and more then the iPhone is a bargain at $200 with activation. Not to many phones offer that much at the price.

Smallsasaurus
23 Nov 2008, 10:51am
ok new question, which apps to get?

Pandora, Yelp, Midomi, Facebook, Remote, AIM, and everything Google puts out.

trakaill
23 Nov 2008, 02:08pm
Attitute iondicator its awesome and all the other aviation apps obviously metars taf sectionals pretty fucking sweet I think

zero
23 Nov 2008, 02:53pm
iPhone, hands down. Has anyone tried Shazam? That app actually works very well. I also purchased Beejive. Its a bit expensive, but it gets rid of the need for me to purchase a text messaging plan for the phone.

"Where" is pretty cool in that it locates gas stations near you along with the price of gas at that station.

Some other apps I use are : ShoZu, MySpace, TouchTerm, Flixter, Urbanspoon, Wikipanion, Google Earth, and i.TV

Eversmen
23 Nov 2008, 04:19pm
I bought an AT&T Quickfire a week ago and i'm happy :biggrin: . I would think if you're a into music, and the loads of fun apps and music Apple offers, go with the iPhone. My friend has one and i'm addicted to jelly car. Although, I believe it's a pain in the ass to text on a touch screen, especially the iPhone, but that's just my opinion.

Red
23 Nov 2008, 08:22pm
The iphone is expensive?!

You're crazy, for the interface/quality and abundance of apps, including free ones, I think it's a freaking bargain.

God I really hate early termination fees otherwise I'd be with ATT