PDA

View Full Version : News on Starcraft Twos

MoreThanAPumpkinEater
21 Nov 2008, 01:28pm
Ok well this is it. You can get the basic game which is just the terrain campaign and online wiht all the races. (YES!!!!)

There are two other expansions costing less than the actual game the hold the Protoss and Zerg.

Now they have this trilogy pack holding all of them which i dont know this yet. So maybe this info helped or not. It is a fun game though.

LegalSmash
21 Nov 2008, 02:33pm
Ok well this is it. You can get the basic game which is just the terrain campaign and online wiht all the races. (YES!!!!)

There are two other expansions costing less than the actual game the hold the Protoss and Zerg.

Now they have this trilogy pack holding all of them which i dont know this yet. So maybe this info helped or not. It is a fun game though.

If the trilogy is 50 bucks I'll buy it, I'm not a fan of getting piecemealed .

XeNo
21 Nov 2008, 02:36pm
I'll quote my game informer I got two days ago as part of my monthly subscription 8D

Starcraft II is generating a whole lot of excitement, but how fired up will the fanbase be now that it's three games? At BlizzCone 2008, developer Blizzard revealed that Starcraft II will be split into three titles, starting with Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, followed by two expansions subtitled Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void, respectively. The company says it chose this route because the game was shaping up to be quite an undertaking.

Each game will have its own focus, with Wings of Liberty focusing on the Terrans and Jim Raynor's conflict with Kerrigan. Heart of the Swarm follows the Zerg, and Legacy of the Void is dedicated to the Protoss. Blizzard says each game will deliver a lengthy single-player experience, and a multiplayer mode featuring all the races will be available from the beginning. The company estimates that the trilogy contains as many as 90 missions.

No pricing or release dates for the titles have been announced.

LegalSmash
21 Nov 2008, 02:39pm
I'll quote my game informer I got two days ago as part of my monthly subscription 8D

I'd buy that if the price for the games apart was not excessive, but 50 a piece would be enough to make me not get them right away.

90 missions is nice.

XeNo
21 Nov 2008, 02:51pm
I'd buy that if the price for the games apart was not excessive, but 50 a piece would be enough to make me not get them right away.

90 missions is nice.

Indeed, so long as they aren't excessively short and repetitive.

LegalSmash
21 Nov 2008, 03:03pm
Indeed, so long as they aren't excessively short and repetitive.

move unit here! MISSION SUCCESS!!

PotshotPolka
22 Nov 2008, 08:07am
I say we all move our business to Supreme Commander. No Rushing For ALTEAST THREE HOURS!!!!

Frostbyte
22 Nov 2008, 10:45am
I is in your base, stealing all your SC2 expansions.

SilentGuns
24 Nov 2008, 10:41am
Im willing to pay up to 200$ for SC2 (including the expansions) . Yup im that insane :D . Blizzard has never disappointed me with any of its RTS games.

LegalSmash
25 Nov 2008, 06:39pm
Silent_guns;123940']Im willing to pay up to 200$ for SC2 (including the expansions) . Yup im that insane :D . Blizzard has never disappointed me with any of its RTS games.

You sir, are a sick and twisted man.

I really will not buy it for any more than 50 for one FULL game with at least 30 full missions and access to all three armies via multiplayer, nor will I pay more than 75 for all three together. I'd rather wait for price drops.

SilentGuns
26 Nov 2008, 09:16am
You sir, are a sick and twisted man.

I really will not buy it for any more than 50 for one FULL game with at least 30 full missions and access to all three armies via multiplayer, nor will I pay more than 75 for all three together. I'd rather wait for price drops.

Of course if i don't like SC2 when its released i wont buy the expansions. Im only willing to pay up to 200$ for all 3 if the game is as epic as Blizzard promised it will be. If you don't want to buy all the campaigns then just get the first ome. You can play with the Terran , Protoss and Zerg in single player and on the B.net on just one of them. The expansions are just so you can do the Zerg and Protoss campaigns . It might cost a lot but im gonna buy it because Blizzard knows best how RTS games are made. So how epic will SC2 be? Well we will find out. Many think SC2 is gonna take a dump on DOW2 face , that's how epic it will be ( don't start flaming).

LegalSmash
27 Nov 2008, 08:18am
Silent_guns;124851']Of course if i don't like SC2 when its released i wont buy the expansions. Im only willing to pay up to 200$ for all 3 if the game is as epic as Blizzard promised it will be. If you don't want to buy all the campaigns then just get the first ome. You can play with the Terran , Protoss and Zerg in single player and on the B.net on just one of them. The expansions are just so you can do the Zerg and Protoss campaigns . It might cost a lot but im gonna buy it because Blizzard knows best how RTS games are made. So how epic will SC2 be? Well we will find out. Many think SC2 is gonna take a dump on DOW2 face , that's how epic it will be ( don't start flaming).

No one is trying to flame you, but a fool and his gold are soon parted.

Blizzard made WC3, a crappy game by many standards.

PotshotPolka
27 Nov 2008, 08:26am
DoW II won't be comparable to SC II simply because the aspects of both games are different.

I enjoy a global game of warfare every so often in SupCom but the tactical level of CoH is much more enjoyable.

DoW II is taking that to the next level with all the eye-candy explosions and gore that made people love the game in the first place.

VirDeBello
27 Nov 2008, 08:43am
I am sorry but StarCraft was the first ever PC game i feel in love with. i am guessing the game will be 45 bucks and the expansions 20 or 30. even if it comes out to 200 bucks ill still buy it =)

Astrum
27 Nov 2008, 09:33am
Blizzard made WC3, a crappy game by many standards.

Seriously? The multiplayer definitely wasn't as good as StarCraft, but I thought the single player was brilliant. Then again I guess since you're a Warhammer fan you have a predisposition to hate WarCraft =P.

I'm sure StarCraft 2 will be a great game. Pretty much all games Blizzard has made are great... Except WoW of course. However, since they're charging three time for one game, even if the two additional campaigns aren't the full $50 price, I'll probably pick it up when they've all been bundled into a $50 or less pack.

Tcp-Kill
28 Nov 2008, 12:44am
Interesting, i have developed a passion for RTS'es and i may buy if it is good as people say.

LegalSmash
29 Nov 2008, 12:35am
Seriously? The multiplayer definitely wasn't as good as StarCraft, but I thought the single player was brilliant. Then again I guess since you're a Warhammer fan you have a predisposition to hate WarCraft =P.

I'm sure StarCraft 2 will be a great game. Pretty much all games Blizzard has made are great... Except WoW of course. However, since they're charging three time for one game, even if the two additional campaigns aren't the full $50 price, I'll probably pick it up when they've all been bundled into a $50 or less pack.

Here here.