PDA

View Full Version : Freerunning

Epic Bread Man
18 Nov 2008, 01:50am
Well, Anybody heard of freerunning?

Well i have been doing the sport for about 1 year now and train regulaly with a proffetional team, and find freerunning, stress reliving and really fun, anyways, here's what the sport's about,

Free running is a physical art, in which participants (free runners) use the urban and rural areas to perform movements through its structures focused on freedom and beauty. It incorporates efficient movements from parkour, adds aesthetic vaults and other acrobatics, such as tricking and street stunts, creating an athletic and aesthetically pleasing way of moving. It is commonly practiced at gymnasiums and in urban areas that are cluttered with obstacles.

The term free running was coined during the filming of Jump London, as a way to present parkour to the English-speaking world. However, free running and parkour are separate, distinct concepts — a distinction which is often missed due to the aesthetic similarities. Parkour as a discipline comprises efficiency, whilst free running embodies complete freedom of movement — and includes many acrobatic manoeuvres. Although often the two are physically similar, the mindsets of each are vastly different. The founder Sébastien Foucan defines free running as a discipline to self development, following your own way.

Peronnaly,I dont do it to show of, i do it because i find it fun to do!
try it out!

Peace out.

Epic-Bread-Man

SpikedRocker
18 Nov 2008, 05:49am
Did it a bit when I was younger...eh...got in pretty good shape because of it.

Wrathek
18 Nov 2008, 06:19am
Well, Anybody heard of freerunning?

lol who hasn't.

try it out!

no thx.

Epic Bread Man
18 Nov 2008, 08:23am
Nice spiked rocker, it really does get you in good shape,
and a shame you quite man, people find time for the sport even at the age of 35!
and i know a few pro's at that age who still practace the sport, which is amazing to see,

and lol wrathek..what's the harm in giving it a go man? you knever know unless you try?
but whatever man :) up to you i suppose,

anyways more comment's please!
would be interested in seeing who actually does parkour in these forum's ^_^

Peace,

Epic-Bread-Man

barackobama
18 Nov 2008, 09:16am
I free run to the fridge and back.

Red
18 Nov 2008, 09:33am
I free ran to the toilet this morning, last night's dinner did NOT agree with me, it was a close call.

Epic Bread Man
18 Nov 2008, 09:50am
lol :/

Lux
18 Nov 2008, 11:27am
Yeah I saw the Jump London programmes, was really good.

I used to do a bit of this as young child but I wouldn't last very long now :X (imagines groin when slipping trying to jump from bollard to bollard).

It looks cool when you see the really good guys, but it takes lots of fitness training and practice!

Epic Bread Man
18 Nov 2008, 11:35am
Yeh it takes months of hard practace, and im still learning,
and yeh jump london was what got me started doing it :)

owchy for the groin slippage!!! XD

Epic-Bread-Man

Lux
18 Nov 2008, 02:12pm
I was wandering if people had actually died from the sport yet.

Considering you jump around some really dangerous buildings and terrains, you'd expect it. Also think what would of happened if the guy on Jump Britain didn't make the jump over the gap in the Millenium Stadium roof.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo *breath*.....................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *splat* ow.....that 500ft fall hurt my ass.

Epic Bread Man
18 Nov 2008, 02:51pm
lol nah it wuda been ......ahhhhhh...*brethe*....ahhhh.......*hits the floor*.....to HANDSTAND!!!!

lol

Epic-Bread-Man

Lux
18 Nov 2008, 03:28pm
Yeah his shock absorbing skills were amazing, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't survive that fall ;)

Trogdor
19 Nov 2008, 05:17pm
I would if i could. My area sucks. nothing but fields. Kinda annoying because it looks fun, and yeah, looks like a good workout.

GrayFox
19 Nov 2008, 05:36pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c

Now is there any specific things you should do to get in shape for this?

Repus
19 Nov 2008, 05:54pm
lol nah it wuda been ......ahhhhhh...*brethe*....ahhhh.......*hits the floor*.....to HANDSTAND!!!!

lol

Epic-Bread-Man

Why you write your name under every post, sorry but i find it bit annoying (I have no idea how).

Anyway, isn't free running and that parkour* (*how ever its spelled) same thing?

Epic Bread Man
20 Nov 2008, 02:50pm
Okaay :S

yeh there different thing's, parkour is vaults, and freerunning is flips and vaults

Mammal
22 Nov 2008, 07:56am
Well I dont deliberatley do it, but when you need to get away from somewhere in a hurry I guess some of the stuff I do could come under parkour or freerunning :001_smile: