PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 2!

Trogdor
16 Nov 2008, 06:38pm
Resistance 2 is the best FPS game on the market right now. Agree, or disagree? The plot is very good and maps are brilliant. Online Co-Op is one of the best parts because of the diverse levels and classes (medic, spec. ops, soldier). I'm usually the spec. ops or medic. The levels range from Chicago to California. The best part of the game though is the competitive mode. You can have battles that have up to 60 people! Some may say "Oh, i'm a wimp, too much chaos", but it's organized chaos. The battles are formed into 5 "squads" all trying to acheive their objective. I recommend this game, 10/10 (PS3 exclusive)

PS: I have notices throughout the game the names given to some of the characters are from Greek Mythology. Some of the names include Chimera, Daedalus, and The Furies.

Lux
17 Nov 2008, 11:55am
Well its not out in the UK until the 28th I think, but I have been eagering anticipating this game since I finished Resistance 1!!!!!!

The only wasn't great so I'm hoping they improve on it, but its a legendary game, and one of the reasons why Xbox sux :laugh:

LVG
17 Nov 2008, 01:09pm
Disagree not played two yet but 1 was Ok, it was good but blatenly the story was all over the place it'll be good but not the best or "hottest"

Frostbyte
17 Nov 2008, 01:16pm
I would kinda like to see what 64 player multiplayer is like, but Im not a big resistance fan. I like ps3 adventure games; MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Drakes Fortune

LegalSmash
17 Nov 2008, 01:26pm
I'd like to pick this up if I am ever not broke again. It looks like a good bit of fun, although, to be honest, I still have not beaten part 1. I have it, im up to like the 7-8 board, but not done yet.

LegalSmash
21 Nov 2008, 09:08pm
From what I've seen in reviews the game no longer has the full offline coop campaign, or for that matter an online campaign of the same variety. Call me a purist, but a game should have both in this day and age, I doubt seriously that I'll pick this up prior to either a patch reestablishing a coop offline campaign or a significant price drop.

I'd do the same if I was you all.

Sadly, a Halo 2 this sequel is NOT.

Lux
22 Nov 2008, 03:21am
How many times have I ever used co-op??? In L4D, but never before.....

I don't really care about it, I'm happy to just play the campaign, because I think its epic.

I didn't like the online in 1 because the servers were a bit too laggy and it was chaos. I can't see myself playing in a 64 player map, itd probably be boring.