PDA

View Full Version : rpg deathmatch

Caution
15 Nov 2008, 04:28pm
spawn killing IS allowed correct? not camping, but running through and killing. i read the other thread where it says it is alright, but about 5 mins ago i was playing with an admin (not going to say who) who was threatining to slay/kick/ban for it because a supporter got butt hurt and told him "he should act like an admin". before the supporter joined it was all good, but then he changed the rules.

if he does slay/kick/ban for it, admin abuse then right? and if running through spawn and killing someone in your path is allowed, can we PLEASE put it in the motd as a clear rule?

thanks

oh and not trying to bag on the admin or anything, it just kinda pissed me off

Tyrant
15 Nov 2008, 05:06pm
Last I checked spawn killing is indeed fine, and as you said, it's only as long as it's not camping. I believe that's the official word on it, unless it has changed. Wait for another opinion if you like, just in case.

Born to Pwn
15 Nov 2008, 05:10pm
Yeah spawn killing is fine as long as your not just camping them whenever they respawn. If that happens, the slay/kick/ban is needed.

Daze
15 Nov 2008, 06:56pm
The way I look at it is, if someone surf's the whole map, that is to say finish it and take the teleport to spawn. Then it's perfectly fine to kill as your running through spawn to start surfing again. As far as finishing the map, teleporting and then spawn camping to nail as many people as possible before you die; I see this as a rule broken and something that the offending player needs to be aware of before further action needs to be taken.

Axel
15 Nov 2008, 07:26pm
Its not allowed anymore is it?
motd says so lol
I use that when deciding to ban or not...

Caution
15 Nov 2008, 08:02pm
its not allowed anymore?

and i completely agree with you daze. why would there be teleporters to go to the other teams spawn then

GrayFox
15 Nov 2008, 08:52pm
Just give them like a 5 second chance to get out of spawn, and if they stick around or shoot back, start shooting.

Caution
15 Nov 2008, 10:02pm
ok so its NOT up to the admin on at the time on this rule?

Born to Pwn
15 Nov 2008, 10:32pm
I've also seen on other servers, a rule that you can only knife in the other persons spawn. That sounds like a good idea, but maybe hard to enforce.

Caution
15 Nov 2008, 10:50pm
yea that sounds like a kick ass idea but that will probly never happen

Yamato
16 Nov 2008, 04:56am
So can you actually run around in spawn and kill them?

Caution
16 Nov 2008, 01:37pm
dude im not really sure lol. im getting yes's and no's. from what i understand though you ARE allowed to run through spawn and kill, NOT spawn camp.

Axel
16 Nov 2008, 05:52pm
Follow the motd
you can't go wrong ;)
It says no spawn camping
Nor no spawn killing
So I think it refers to players camping in THEIR OWN spawns and THEIR ENEMIES spawn.
Spawn killing is obvious really... killing the enemy when they JUST spawn...
I think wasting campers who spawn is allowed because they are just being cowardly!

Caution
16 Nov 2008, 06:04pm
I think wasting campers who spawn is allowed because they are just being cowardly!

i completely agree, i'll be in a good spot to snipe, like on top of the the ring on thriller (i think thats the map) and will shoot / kill people as they surf down. some people will try to kill me from their spawn, fail, i kill them, then they call me a spawn camper.

i think if you're in spawn longer than 5 secs, prepare to get killed

Axel
20 Nov 2008, 12:55am
i completely agree, i'll be in a good spot to snipe, like on top of the the ring on thriller (i think thats the map) and will shoot / kill people as they surf down. some people will try to kill me from their spawn, fail, i kill them, then they call me a spawn camper.

i think if you're in spawn longer than 5 secs, prepare to get killed

Problem is
they start bitching when they get wasted for spawn camping
"SPAWN KILLERS"
no mate... you're fucking camping (:
Players like that annoy me
Just as much as people with para + elites
Noob sprayers!!!
>:(

Caution
21 Nov 2008, 06:37pm
Just as much as people with para + elites
Noob sprayers!!!
>:(

haha not gonna lie, i use em'. lol they might as well be a primary weapon, thats what i pretty much use them for. an awp and elites and i can pretty much kill for days.

Axel
23 Nov 2008, 03:11pm
haha not gonna lie, i use em'. lol they might as well be a primary weapon, thats what i pretty much use them for. an awp and elites and i can pretty much kill for days.

they just show how noobish players are
I tend to use knife only
skill i have
ask Amby!
Raped him with my knife ;p

Caution
23 Nov 2008, 05:03pm
they just show how noobish players are
I tend to use knife only
skill i have
ask Amby!
Raped him with my knife ;p

lol i'm probably the worst person with a knife.