PDA

View Full Version : Armory Camping (Prison Break)

Axel
14 Nov 2008, 06:53pm
I think a rule should be added about this.
Time after time I keep seeing people perm armory camping and it makes it impossible for the terrorists...
It is a real gray area for admins and they don't know whether to kick or what...
We should be able to do something if they do it round after round, right?
I'm just wondering because quite frankly, it is annoying for the terrorists and it gives ct an unfair advantage xD
Look into this when you can :D

Axel / アクセル

Bubbles
14 Nov 2008, 06:58pm
oh please please pleaseeee make this a rule

/thanks post + rep points

darth jacen
14 Nov 2008, 07:20pm
ok lets look at this logically good idea, but what if ur afk wake up and c a t and kill him camp? + in rael jail cts could watch the guns only makes sence and i as t go and kill the campers with a gun 2 hs so its not impossible just takes skill good idea no real way to enforce or use rule though :closedeyes:

Axel
14 Nov 2008, 07:49pm
In talking excessive camping in the armory
round after round of someone staying there
it can get quiet annoying seeing the same player stood in the armory and makes it VERY frustrating for other players
tough to enforce?
i dunno spec for a couple rounds and you will have them...

Bubbles
14 Nov 2008, 08:21pm
expecially in maps where the only way into the armory is by vent, or teleporter (ba_electric-large) not sure if i got the map name right

TofuShop
15 Nov 2008, 03:55am
I don't quite remember the name of this map, but I suspect it may be "Alcatraz" where the only way to unlock the T cell doors is for atleast one CT to stay behind and open them. As soon as they do, T's swarm the entrance and don't allow a safe passage out (damn near impossible to survive). The armory there also has one wall completely glass, allowing anyone to shoot through it and recieve easy kills.

I admit, I camp this armory and it is the only map I do this on, but is this suppose to be an exception? I laugh at the notion that CT's can actually recieve an unfair atvantage with all the rules applied so far.

Freekilling has supposedly be defined and since the last CT simply can't unleash on anyone and everyone, I think there should be a safe ground where instant kills should be fine. Either or, that "unfair atvantage" comes with any form of camping, not just camping the armory.

Mammal
15 Nov 2008, 03:59am
You can't really stop them camping the armory, but you could get them for holding up games, not doing as they are supposed to, in the rules it says they have to order the T to do stuff but if they are sat there they are not.

Tyrant
15 Nov 2008, 04:18am
If armory camping occurs in excess, i.e. round-after-round, or camping from the beginning of a round, I will give a warning to get things moving, as the game is at this point being held up, and we all know how little patience the dead happen to have in Prison Break. If camping occurs later in a round, or if it is only every so often, I will let it go, especially if the Ts have been dominating the game.

In summary, anti-camping policy is situational and thusly needs to be dealt with on a case by case basis. Furthermore, I doubt anyone would be directly banned for doing it, most likely just warned and kicked, and then banned if they are repeatedly kicked for it, although this would seem rare given the warnings and kicks, in case anyone was curious.

Mercy
15 Nov 2008, 05:15am
i dont think it should be a rule, most of the time when cts camp they die anyway so its not that much of a problem, what should be a rule tho is that cts shouldnt be taking away the guns that ts sometimes get in their cells, like a ct comes up and tells the t to drop a gun while he is still in a cell locked, that just takes away all the fun

juku
15 Nov 2008, 07:28am
Got to agree with mercy on this one. As long as the ct open the doors I don't care where they camp. Didn't see this as a problem as atleast one ct is always outside giving commands. If that one ct dies it is right of the cts to camp armory as they see it as one of their only safe option to survive and have atleast a chance to win. Seeing as most of the time the terrorist wins anyway since they have the advantage of going through vents and attacking anytime.

Though the second part I got to disagree. As I think it is right of the cts to take the gun in the cell away from t's as in a skilled player's hand he could kill almost half the ct team in a row. :001_tongue:

barackobama
15 Nov 2008, 07:36am
Why not just restrict everything, this is getting stupid, soon we will have so many rules for this server that it will end it.

I suggest you all chill out and play it, we do not need this to be a "rule".

tank40175
15 Nov 2008, 07:39am
Well as far as gun in cell, in a real prison, gun would probably not be there but if it was guards would not know. CT's should not be allowed to go to gun cell, and force T to empty it, or in some cases kill whoever just happens to spawn there. This is why I have said before about trying to get someone to make maps with random gun spawns. I think we have a couple, but need more.

juku
15 Nov 2008, 07:46am
I totally agree, just stick with the motd as it is now for that server. As too much rules will just cause confusion.

Anyway shooting a player with a gun in his cell is not right, if he/she didn't have it on themselves. Though most of the time there must be a story behind the shooting as the person probably didn't drop it when the player was told to,lag,no sound, etc....

Dracula
15 Nov 2008, 08:14am
Why not just restrict everything, this is getting stupid, soon we will have so many rules for this server that it will end it.

I suggest you all chill out and play it, we do not need this to be a "rule".

QFT

darth jacen
15 Nov 2008, 10:08am
I don't quite remember the name of this map, but I suspect it may be "Alcatraz" where the only way to unlock the T cell doors is for atleast one CT to stay behind and open them. As soon as they do, T's swarm the entrance and don't allow a safe passage out (damn near impossible to survive). The armory there also has one wall completely glass, allowing anyone to shoot through it and recieve easy kills.

I admit, I camp this armory and it is the only map I do this on, but is this suppose to be an exception? I laugh at the notion that CT's can actually recieve an unfair atvantage with all the rules applied so far.

Freekilling has supposedly be defined and since the last CT simply can't unleash on anyone and everyone, I think there should be a safe ground where instant kills should be fine. Either or, that "unfair atvantage" comes with any form of camping, not just camping the armory.

it is alcatraz and yes we need less RULES more "rules" ppl have been using "rules" to run the game for a long time some r bad ie: last ct go kill all, but some are good like ie: simon says, races, and other things for death have stopped due to in game bitching its a "rule" so it can be one of those admins shouldnt ban 4 it but use the slay key if they dont listen to get it moving :) thats just my thoughts

Forester155
28 Nov 2008, 11:32am
I think it shoudnt become a rule, i just think that its good as is. camping the armory is O.K. i think, if you say "If anyone comes into the armory and is a terrorist, they die. this is your warning." than its fine. and the game is totally fair, because it adds a challange and is what actually happens IRL in an armory in a jail

Caution
28 Nov 2008, 11:42am
I think it shoudnt become a rule, i just think that its good as is. camping the armory is O.K. i think, if you say "If anyone comes into the armory and is a terrorist, they die. this is your warning." than its fine. and the game is totally fair, because it adds a challange and is what actually happens IRL in an armory in a jail

you don't have to warn them not to go in armor or vents, both are automatic deaths either way, but yes, i agree, it does add a challenge to the game.

these rules are getting ridiculous, i can't believe that we can now kill any t that killed someone even if we dont witness it, that is incredibly stupid and i think we need to do a poll on that rule because i have NEVER played with someone who says they like it.

XeNo
28 Nov 2008, 12:23pm
you don't have to warn them not to go in armor or vents, both are automatic deaths either way, but yes, i agree, it does add a challenge to the game.

these rules are getting ridiculous, i can't believe that we can now kill any t that killed someone even if we dont witness it, that is incredibly stupid and i think we need to do a poll on that rule because i have NEVER played with someone who says they like it.

Problem being, most CT's would be like 'O I SAW ET' anyways, even if it was a rule.

Camping a room filled with guns from prisoners sounds like common knowledge.

Axel
28 Nov 2008, 12:49pm
This has been fail bumped
If an AO or BD could put a final comment here and lock it
that'd be great
Thanks

On a final note

Armory camping is the most annoying thing if terrorists win round in quick succession because they then get scared and hide like little girls
I think we should be able to warn players if they CONTENTIOUSLY camp in the armory...
Im not saying it IS NOT allowed, but I think we should be able to stop players from being in there round after round after round

Suri
28 Nov 2008, 12:51pm
I will solve this. There is no rule and never has been a rule about camping on the PB servers.

This is a RP server, and in real life you will have a gurad stay in the ammo/armory if the prison really did have a the prisoners esape.

So like Juku and others have said Please stick with the MOTD. We are looking at the rules listed in the forum and what is in the MOTD and going to try and clean it up. And make a one stop shop for all the rules listed on the forums some where.

So like i said no punishment should be given out for camping.