PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed: UnderCover

Determined2Win
13 Nov 2008, 04:54am
I know this game comes out the 18th but there was no racing gaming section in Gaming discussion so here it is. The game looks tight, and the storyline looks amazing from the trailer I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkHJzHIbQQg. Post your thoughts, opinions here.

mNote
13 Nov 2008, 05:01am
The trailer looks okay but there's barely any gameplay to discuss in it.

The graphics look the same as "Most Wanted" so I guess the story line is going to be the driving force behind this game.

trakaill
14 Nov 2008, 12:28pm
This looks more interesting than any NFS made before. Hopefully it will be.

NikoPDR
15 Nov 2008, 04:14am
The trailer looks okay but there's barely any gameplay to discuss in it.

The graphics look the same as "Most Wanted" so I guess the story line is going to be the driving force behind this game.
Well guess why?

The NFS:Undercover has been in developent after Most Wanted came out. However, they did Carbon and Pro Street after that.

NFS:Undercover will have the same crap nearly, as Most Wanted. That means no Drag Races or Drift.

NFS: Undercover doesn't have any normal cars you would see on the street, either. Only sport/exotic cars you really rarely see.

Personally, I would stick in ProStreet.

Henrik
16 Nov 2008, 11:56am
it's look nice but that is the point of a trailer

need for speed most wanted: awesome

need for speed:carbon: awesome

need for speed pro street: fail

so after pro street i don't know if im gonna buy the new 1

Lux
16 Nov 2008, 04:49pm
Haven't seen a good Need for Speed since Underground 2. None of the recent ones have been nearly as good as this was, the game was lost something.............and if this is like Most Wanted then..........I'll just stick to waiting for Grand Turismo in January.

jigglebelljr
18 Nov 2008, 02:30pm
i thought the game was bad it had bad storyline and the raceing was terrible i do not recomand this game

Yamato
18 Nov 2008, 07:50pm
I think it just got out of control. Everytime they release a NFS, they just change the storyline and add a little and that's it. In my opinion, they are all fail since , like Lux said, Underground 2. That explains the extremly short development time it takes for the games. I expect a really nice game to have at least 10 - 12 months+++

Henrik
18 Nov 2008, 11:35pm
Haven't seen a good Need for Speed since Underground 2. None of the recent ones have been nearly as good as this was, the game was lost something.............and if this is like Most Wanted then..........I'll just stick to waiting for Grand Turismo in January.

you haven't?

well need for speed most wanted is 10 times more fun that need for speed underground 2

Determined2Win
19 Nov 2008, 04:56am
I still enjoy Hot Persuit 2 over all of the Need for speed games, I don't know why, maybe i'm just that retro.

Lux
19 Nov 2008, 01:46pm
you haven't?

well need for speed most wanted is 10 times more fun that need for speed underground 2

Ok well apparently Grand Turismo isn't out until maybe not even 2010. :mad:

Also Henrik, I haven't what??? I've tried all the Need for Speeds, and Carbon was an ok game but the others were really lame. They are trying these new ideas but they just fail, and the storyline gets worse and shorter.

Most Wanted was 10 times more boring than Underground 2.

NikoPDR
28 Nov 2008, 01:14pm
Ok well apparently Gran Turismo isn't out until maybe not even 2010. :mad:Yeah, but i do not find it really sad. I have a few simulators that are FAR better than GT5.

Also Henrik, I haven't what??? I've tried all the Need for Speeds, and Carbon was an ok game but the others were really lame. They are trying these new ideas but they just fail, and the storyline gets worse and shorter.I tend to disagree. The NFS:C is a sequel to NFS:MW and i would say this is one and the same story(NFSC starts where you jump off the bridge in NFSMW). IMO it got longer. Also you have tried all the NFS'? Tried NFS:PS? It's the most decent NFS atm there is, if ignoring the NFS' before underground.

Most Wanted was 10 times more boring than Underground 2.Not really. But if you find modding interesting then UG2 is your choice.

But NFS:PS is still the best of NFS series of today(counting from underground - up) because:
1. It's realistic(physics, damage, gfx)

2. Autosculpt(implemented in NFSC, but proper at NFSPS)

3. It's fun to drive :)

Henrik
28 Nov 2008, 04:36pm
Ok well apparently Grand Turismo isn't out until maybe not even 2010. :mad:

Also Henrik, I haven't what??? I've tried all the Need for Speeds, and Carbon was an ok game but the others were really lame. They are trying these new ideas but they just fail, and the storyline gets worse and shorter.

Most Wanted was 10 times more boring than Underground 2.

oh sry i missed 1 word "good" so i though you said you haven't seen any need for speed sins under ground 2 =/

NikoPDR
29 Nov 2008, 05:45am
oh sry i missed 1 word "good" so i though you said you haven't seen any need for speed sins under ground 2 =/I have all of the NFS series. Yes, I have them all from NFS1 to NFSUC.(Sorry, i thought this question was forwarded to me :D)

The reason why i don't really like the UC is that it's a bit too glitchy, and when i can play NFSPS at 1280x1024 2xAA, i have to use 640x480 0xAA on UC, to get the same framerate. It really pisses me off as i thought i would be doing ok with this card in nearly every game.

Mammal
29 Nov 2008, 07:59am
I think it just got out of control. Everytime they release a NFS, they just change the storyline and add a little and that's it. In my opinion, they are all fail since , like Lux said, Underground 2. That explains the extremly short development time it takes for the games. I expect a really nice game to have at least 10 - 12 months+++

All up to Most wanted **

It was good with the better police chases, carbon was a big let down though :closedeyes:

Ambulancia
30 Nov 2008, 03:18am
I still enjoy Hot Persuit 2 over all of the Need for speed games, I don't know why, maybe i'm just that retro.

NFS: Porsche Unleashed
my fav of all time :001_wub:

NikoPDR
30 Nov 2008, 04:20am
NFS: Porsche Unleashed
my fav of all time :001_wub:Argh, you made me remember NFS:Porsche 2000 :(

(It's the same game but in USA it was labeled NFS:PU when in Europe it was NFS:P2000)

I used to mod that game a lot on my older days and i did a few successful mods and a lot of mission scripts like escape from the police(basically just driving to the finish line, but a lot of polices chasing you). :001_smile:

Floxia
12 May 2009, 06:20am
I like the trailer and i got the game too , but my graphic card sucks but it runs it okay but not good ..... ok the game

The game is awesome and this is the first NFS game that got the fastes car i world (Bugatti Veyron 16.4) , me and my friend completed it on 5days on Xbox360 i really liked the gameplay and ehmm .............. IT'S JUST SO AWESOME , and to you that didnt have it : If you want a lots of speed (requires a good graphic card) buy it.

Floxia

FightingRooster
16 May 2009, 12:47pm
I went to Best Buy ready to buy it, and they had none left.

After reading reviews, I'm glad. It doesn't seem like its a great game. I'll stick to Forza 2 w/360 wheel for now.

Jazz
17 May 2009, 08:10am
WTF Henrikiw?! Pro Street owns. Matter of fact i'm playing it right now! (lol) I also have Undercover though, it's pretty good but after a while... You get bor3d of it. So I'm going Pro Street :clap:

opium101
9 Jun 2009, 06:17am
my friend told me this game sux!! so im not plannign to buy this game :P

chimpo
12 Jul 2009, 12:58pm

need for speed carbon: awesome

need for speed undercover: fail

That's my opinion.

Ultramarine
13 Jul 2009, 03:36am
Yeah, but i do not find it really sad. I have a few simulators that are FAR better than GT5.

I tend to disagree. The NFS:C is a sequel to NFS:MW and i would say this is one and the same story(NFSC starts where you jump off the bridge in NFSMW). IMO it got longer. Also you have tried all the NFS'? Tried NFS:PS? It's the most decent NFS atm there is, if ignoring the NFS' before underground.

Not really. But if you find modding interesting then UG2 is your choice.

But NFS:PS is still the best of NFS series of today(counting from underground - up) because:
1. It's realistic(physics, damage, gfx)

2. Autosculpt(implemented in NFSC, but proper at NFSPS)

3. It's fun to drive :)

.... How can you have some simulators... that are better than a game... that isn't even out yet?

Chronic
14 Jul 2009, 02:38pm
I really never liked this game!

Chronic
14 Jul 2009, 02:39pm

need for speed carbon: awesome

need for speed undercover: fail

That's my opinion.

Well All i got to say is that i AGREE!

Metal
14 Jul 2009, 04:19pm
NFS N for wii will be good

Undercover just sucked

zapper
16 Jul 2009, 06:23pm
eh need for speed,same shit,cars....drive around racing,boring.

Spliff
20 Jul 2009, 03:11pm
Looks like it is going to be just like any other NFS game.