PDA

View Full Version : crouching

kamikazeghandi
11 Nov 2008, 10:18pm
normally I really like the SG jail break servers. I've got both of them in my favorites, you guys have gotten me hooked. but today, I was playing just a few minutes ago (about 12:10am EST) and got killed twice in a row. why? because I wanted to type something into the text field when we were supposed to be crouching. you can't type when you're crouching. I didn't even get warned. I do have a mic, it just wasn't plugged in at the time, but not everyone has mics. that's why either the warning rule needs to be enforced better or the CTs should not be allowed to make the prisoners crouch to prevent this from happening again. I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of crap from this, but you just try to type something in about how you got killed last round with no warning for crouching when you just got killed AGAIN. it'll tick you off really fast.

the rule about giving warnings tends to be pretty poorly enforced on the servers anyway, but this is just ridiculous.

tinkerbell
11 Nov 2008, 10:42pm
either wait untill your all not crouching or type at lightning speed :D

Daze
12 Nov 2008, 03:19am
I highly recommend using your mic rather than talking, especially in Prison Break.

Some CT's are trigger happy than others, it's just luck at the end of the day and you probably thought you got a raw deal, well knife that guy in the ass next round and call it revenge.

Mammal
12 Nov 2008, 09:19am
To be honest if they say all crouch I would rather die, just walking around constantly crouched makes the game unplayable, as you cant sneek up on anyone or escape at all.

Tyrant
12 Nov 2008, 05:23pm
I would say implement a rule that involves crouching being an allowable command when either A.) The Ts are ordered to move to a specific location where they can then stand up, and B.) For crowd control, either when the CTs will check for weapons or when the CTs will open fire on a certain person, i.e. a T the CTs witnessed kill someone and then want to eliminate without causing collateral damage.

These may be tricky to implement, but could work.

The other option is, as was mentioned, use a mic, and if not available, either type extremely fast or wait until you are no longer crouching to type.

Born to Pwn
12 Nov 2008, 07:46pm
I'd haveta agree with everyone. Use the mic, or type fast. :) I usually only have a problem with this when I can't use my mic, but I do type extremely fast anyway. ;)

Maxwelldon
13 Nov 2008, 12:24pm
I have a lovely little bind that helps me climb high boxes.. Now you might be asking why I say it's lovely, well, it's lovely because it gets my crouch stuck until I hit the bind again. ^^
This usually helps me out to type or do what ever, like eat, while I have to crouch.

Mics are highly recommended to play PrisonBreak because you can't always respond fast enough to a message over mic by typing :001_rolleyes:

darth jacen
14 Nov 2008, 07:25pm
To be honest if they say all crouch I would rather die, just walking around constantly crouched makes the game unplayable, as you cant sneek up on anyone or escape at all.

yes but if he talking bout the "game" we started than u crouch to the pool then r free so just wait (btw guns placed in the pool for a shoot out type match its really great fun) so he could just wait the 10 secs to type