PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty World at War

Joeytron
11 Nov 2008, 05:26pm
It's friggin sick
If you liked # 4 you'll probably like this one

Astrum
11 Nov 2008, 05:53pm
That's not a review, that's a compliment =P.

Elaborate, a lot.

Crimson
11 Nov 2008, 07:53pm
luz games is teh fail, gtfo

^^^
Best Review ever.

Prozak
11 Nov 2008, 08:41pm
Hmm i'm thinking of getting it but the Graphics look like they suck.

SilentGuns
12 Nov 2008, 07:55am
Fail review...
il give u 2/5 . Why 2/5? Well that's because you are a failure as a reviewer :) .
U could of at least stolen somebody else's review from the internet ^_^.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's one :
-------------
I was lucky enough to get a beta key from EuroGamer, and then I managed to go to my mates house and scrounge his xbox!

My first thoughts, after downloading the 889.98mb beta, was that it is similar to COD4, which is a good thing in my opinion!

You are limited to ranking up to Lvl 11, but you have access to what seemed like the majority of the guns in the beta. Create a class is still there, along with the five custom class slots. Barracks and then Leaderboards etc. is still there. The only major difference in the layout is the font and the menu that pops up after a game when you press select, which also tells you who killed you the most in the previous round.

At first the guns seemed pretty hard to use with the iron sights and all, but then I released it was the crappy Xbox controller. Eventually, I started to wonder if the attachments were similar to COD4, when I got killed by a whooping Lvl 11, who had a 'red dot sight' that was like a rim with glass 'lens' with cross hairs on. Sniping seemed harder for some reason, but I was only using one sniper, the springfield, for a few minutes. I drove around in a tank and it was a bit like driving a Warhawk tank, only that you had to be much more accurate to kill an enemy that was walking around.

As far as I saw on the Thompson, the attachments were the 'red dot sight' thingy, a supressor and a round box or something (like a huge ammo cartridge/magazine). You got these for completing the marksman challenges like in COD4. I also saw, on a weird LMG, a bi-pod, so that you can set up the gun wherever you want, like a heavy machine gun in COD4.

The WAR game mode was good because you could hear the soundtrack of the enemy team going crazy and shouting "war war war" etc, unlike COD4. WAR was sort of like the first team to capture all five flags/bases. However, out of the five or six game modes,I didn't see anything like search and destroy, but hopefully more will be added in the full game.

Kill streaks: 3 = a recon plane (identical to UAV in COD4)
5 = artilery, but this was useless because with the five artileries I got, I didn't kill a single person, maybe it was just me. (again very similar to airstrikes in COD4)
7 = the dogs. These little beasts are crazy! they just run around killing people, and the little dogs face pops up where the kill info does, when they kill someone. When you're on the same team as the dogs, they just run past you, but they are scary as hell when they're coming after you because you have to shoot them.

The killcams were also there, with the dog killcam looking very sweet! The perk system is also very similar, wih the likes of juggernaut, deep impact, iron lungs, bandolier etc. still there. However, the difference with the perks is that there are specific ones to protect you from grenades, unlike COD4. You also get 4 perks, with the additional one being vehicle specific (like greasy turrets or something, that allows your cannon to move faster.

However, I only played for about an hour, if not less, so this is probably quite inaccurate in ways!!

Maybe if I go round to my friends house again, I will play for much longer, and try and write a bit more detailed review.

Anyway, just my first opions. LOL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a beta review and not good but at least i take the time to find one

LVG
12 Nov 2008, 12:08pm
Fail game and very good review

Epic Bread Man
17 Nov 2008, 08:12am
COD 5 looks pretty good, I really enjoyed COD4 and like everything about all the other COD game's so COD5 to me seem's sick!

Epic Bread Man

Lux
17 Nov 2008, 11:58am
Liked COD4 Single player, although it was too short.

COD4 online was understandably rubbish. It reminded me of MOH:AAS but better graphics, which isn't enough. CSS is far better, I couldn't give a dam about graphics when the gameplay is so poor on it!!!!!!!! I.E Hiding in 100ft buildings and in grass spawn killing.

Epic Bread Man
17 Nov 2008, 12:09pm
Meh i reckon multi player was the best part about it! but meh
my opinion i suppose!

Peace

Epic Bread Man

jigglebelljr
17 Nov 2008, 06:38pm
i thought call of duty five was awsome the gore and the storyline reall was terrfic and i give this game 8 out of ten

Shabby
18 Nov 2008, 01:35pm
i thought call of duty five was awsome the gore and the storyline reall was terrfic and i give this game 8 out of ten

You've completed already?

Anyways as for the review... 2/10 but seeing cod5's graphics they look crap... I was thinking of getting this game but haven't got round to yet but i'm not sure is it worth it?

Joe*
19 Nov 2008, 02:56pm
cod5 is good but nothing to compare up to #4
the guns kind of suck aswell

Modgers1
20 Nov 2008, 09:01pm
cod5 is good but nothing to compare up to #1
the guns kind of suck aswell

Not so much the guns that suck as what you can DO to the guns. Putting a silencer on a bolt-action rifle? Has Infinity Ward lost their minds?

-Modgers

Joe*
21 Nov 2008, 08:58am
Not so much the guns that suck as what you can DO to the guns. Putting a silencer on a bolt-action rifle? Has Infinity Ward lost their minds?

-Modgers

yea it takes away most of the power in the shot. My fav gun is the gun that looks like the mp5 navy.

Robfal
21 Nov 2008, 10:40am
To all of you that posted in this thread:

Congratulations assholes, you've sold this game to me. I just bought it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osama
27 Nov 2008, 05:47pm
Hey, your right cod5 is pretty good, but all that good is underneathe all those bugs, glitches and lag spikes, they have alot of work to do, things wont be really be picking up untill those things are fixed.

Mr Osama-

Mammal
28 Nov 2008, 08:42am
Completed it, the napalm style zombies is cool (: :rlol:

flux
30 Nov 2008, 01:01pm
Its pretty damn bad game, personally i spent over 30 days on COD4 (on 360), but this one i managed a whole, 23 hours worth of gametime before i sold it, awful awful awful game :/

Modgers1
30 Nov 2008, 05:03pm
Ugh, sigh. Looks like I've succumbed to getting this game as well. Hope to play with you all this weekend.

-Modgers

Mikey
30 Nov 2008, 08:37pm
i have it i love it.