PDA

View Full Version : [WARNING] CSS Slideshow keylogging

Jaffa
11 Nov 2008, 01:49pm
I was browsing on a css forum, and found a thread about keylogging iwth account hacking.

"It has come to our attention that there is a keylogging application out there going by the name of slideshow.cs, if *ANYONE* on your friends list messages you with "Come check out my awesome CS slideshow" (or something similar), promptly tell them to go fuck themselves. It's not really the person that originally owns the account, at this point they have already lost their accounts and it's some dickless 10 year old trying to scam more people.

It works by running, some screensaver application (or something similar) and by specifically logging login/password entries for the Steam Application. For those of you that don't have "Log Me In Automatically" you are most likely at the greatest risk, as you regularly type in your login / password whenever you connect to Steam."

Figured iw ould post this up on the forums to warn people about this.

Tcp-Kill
11 Nov 2008, 01:55pm
Thanks Jaffa, good to know. Hopefully people won't be R-TARDS.

andre1028
11 Nov 2008, 01:59pm
Hopefully people won't be R-TARDS.

I hope we are going to be alive to see that day.

Scorpion
11 Nov 2008, 02:20pm
This slideshow.cs has been around for a LONG time. I have two old friends who got hacked from it, then after they were hacked, the dick has the nerve to send me a voice chat request from my friend's account after I curse him out.