PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors Edge

Gumpy
9 Nov 2008, 10:28am
This game looks sweet, I love parcour and this is the first game where it actually looks like someone put some effort into monkeying about. Release date 11/11/2008.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42455.html

NikoPDR
15 Nov 2008, 04:26am
This is propably one of the most original FPS games i've ever seen. EA possibly has done a great job making this. I hope it will come to PC though :(

PS: I think the game is freerunning, not parkour.

Mammal
15 Nov 2008, 05:27am
parkour = freerunning :closedeyes:

andre1028
15 Nov 2008, 06:13am
I love how puzzling it was like the small things you had to do in Half Life 2. The bright, vibrate, and freedom look keeps the game fresh plus the cops keep it full of action.

I love missing jumps, it's hilarious watching you plunge to the streets below.

Wrathek
15 Nov 2008, 09:50am
yeah. i like the falling animations... Just wish the game wasnt so short because its soooo fun.

Red
15 Nov 2008, 10:31am
It's coming out on PC in January.

Which is fucking lame, I want it now.

Lux
16 Nov 2008, 09:20am
. Just wish the game wasnt so short because its soooo fun.

Yes I hate how they make games so short. Its not worth the money however good the game is.

After playing GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas (GTA4 Single player sucked) I have very high expectations, because these games were so long and so great.

Suri
16 Nov 2008, 10:45am
This is propably one of the most original FPS games i've ever seen. EA possibly has done a great job making this. I hope it will come to PC though :(

PS: I think the game is freerunning, not parkour.

DICE made the game, and EA is the distributor. This is why the game is good because EA really did not make it. The amazing people behind the BF games did.

Born to Pwn
16 Nov 2008, 11:15am
I've played it at my friends house, pretty fun indeed. My only complaint is how REALLY SHORT it is!!! Lame. :( I do like the totally freerunning aspect though, definitely makes it more fun.

SOLANUM
16 Nov 2008, 02:08pm
Yes I hate how they make games so short. Its not worth the money however good the game is.

After playing GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas (GTA4 Single player sucked) I have very high expectations, because these games were so long and so great.

GTA4 Single player sucked

.......:mellow:

WHAT THE FU-http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7493/32367270zz3.png

Lux
16 Nov 2008, 02:30pm
.......:mellow:
WHAT THE FU-http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7493/32367270zz3.png

d00d how can you disagree with that?

It is the worst single player in the series, and it completely let me down. If it wasn't for the great multiplayer mode, it would be a disasterously bad game.

Why?? Because every mission was Drive somewhere and kill someone. Most of the time the missions were too similiar, and there wasn't anything remotely new or exciting about it. I even think it was miles shorter than the others.

Omar
16 Nov 2008, 02:37pm
d00d how can you disagree with that?

It is the worst single player in the series, and it completely let me down. If it wasn't for the great multiplayer mode, it would be a disasterously bad game.

Why?? Because every mission was Drive somewhere and kill someone. Most of the time the missions were too similiar, and there wasn't anything remotely new or exciting about it. I even think it was miles shorter than the others.

What!?, it's not all drive there, kill there, theres a alot of custom things AND lets not forget the TOTALLY AWESOME car chases.

Lux
16 Nov 2008, 03:22pm
What!?, it's not all drive there, kill there, theres a alot of custom things AND lets not forget the TOTALLY AWESOME car chases.

Easy to forget, hard to see how they went wrong.

They didn't even expand on planes, jet packs etc. They stated "realism" as a reason, but since when was GTA realistic???? Also the environment sucks. Can't they get over Liberty City already???? San Andreas had a great environment, this sucked.

Astrum
16 Nov 2008, 03:48pm
Back on topic guys -_-.

Huwajux
17 Nov 2008, 01:49pm
I've played the demo for Mirror's Edge and I am seriously considering buying it, even if it is as short as you guys say. It has amazing graphics (Nice, vibrant colours which make a change from the usual Xbox titles), beautiful music, and flawless gameplay. Definitely going to be worth my attention.

Omar
17 Nov 2008, 02:16pm
How the hell do you guys know it's so short any way, is it already out?! and how short? like COD4 short or worse, btw, hows the multi, IS IT FREEROME!?!?1?!?!?!?

Frostbyte
17 Nov 2008, 04:59pm
If its shorter than GRAW 2 then srsly.
Demo was fun, and above all, diffrent. Finally a game that isnt a sports game or a 1-man army COD style. Brings something new to the table.

Sandstorm
17 Nov 2008, 05:34pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6F_iP-F7Fw

omfg they jump fucking rooftops on buildings fucking way up in the air!

Wrathek
17 Nov 2008, 06:08pm
its got like 8-10 hours max.

and the multi is just time trial.

and yes. its been out since last Wed.

i loved it, but if a game being short turns you off, this is a rent easily.

Astrum
18 Nov 2008, 02:28am
Quite possibly one of the best games I've played on the 360. I just picked it up tonight. I'll review it when I'm done, which might be a while since I played through most of it on a friend's 360 =P.

PotshotPolka
18 Nov 2008, 07:43am
Parcour is for squirrels, real men shoot zombies while cowering behind soda-machine barricades.

Cranks
18 Nov 2008, 09:28am
Played the demo..

Its fucking awesome not got my copy yet but im loving the demo still

Red
18 Nov 2008, 09:35am
PC Demo any time soon?

Epic Bread Man
18 Nov 2008, 10:38am
parkour = freerunning :closedeyes:

no its not :P

i do the sport,

Parkour, Vault's

Freerunning, Flip's and vaults

:D

Peace

Epic-Bread-Man

NikoPDR
28 Nov 2008, 10:03am
no its not :P

i do the sport,

Parkour, Vault's

Freerunning, Flip's and vaults

:D

Peace

Epic-Bread-ManParkour = Doing "stunts" and looking cool

Freerunning = Getting really fast from point A to point B using obstacles as advantage etc.

This is what i've heard.

SpEeD
29 Nov 2008, 09:27am
Beat it 16 and 1/2 times

too short, time trials is fun

SpEeD
29 Nov 2008, 09:29am
Parkour = Doing "stunts" and looking cool

Freerunning = Getting really fast from point A to point B using obstacles as advantage etc.

This is what i've heard.

Wrong, Parkour was created to get from point A to point B with near 100% efficiency

Freerunning is a parkour variant where you mainly try to look cool.

Astrum
29 Nov 2008, 10:09am
This isn't the Pedantic Forum. Discuss the game a bit more, yeah?

Karot
28 Feb 2009, 02:40pm
I have this game. It's really a great game just gets boring after 2 hours.. then you wait two hours and want to play it again...

SpEeD
28 Feb 2009, 02:59pm
I have this game. It's really a great game just gets boring after 2 hours.. then you wait two hours and want to play it again...

wtf your back?

SneakySnake
28 Feb 2009, 05:44pm
Try beating this game on hard when you don't know where to go. I almost died when you first meet the cop guys.

Eldest
7 Mar 2009, 04:11pm
BUMP!
I just got this game and all I can say this is pure awesomeness, I've died 1000 times, RAGED, and then come back to continue playing, you just can't quit this game.

Epic 10/10 PHUN

chaser77
8 Mar 2009, 08:07pm
I loved this game and thought the gameplay was amazing and original but its best to rent :amuse: