PDA

View Full Version : Slot Reserve kick?

Born to Pwn
8 Nov 2008, 05:22pm
Hey uh, I was just in the *Mutiny* PB server, and apparently someone joined with slot reservation, and it kicked me out? It shouldn't let people join to full slots, if it's going to let people with slot reserve join, and it kicks out other people.

Dunno if this is where to put this, but really, that just pissed me off, cuz I can't join back now.

*EDIT* Also, I probably have no right in saying this, because I've never ran a server myself, but it's bad for the server traffic, since people are going to be constantly getting kicked off, and not able to get back on.

My suggestion would be to actually set up a few reserve slots for the servers, so in the first place it won't let you join if it's say, 23/24 or something of that matter.

Paul
8 Nov 2008, 05:27pm
The server has a hidden reserved slot too.

Only solution for this is to buy a reserved slot in the supporter package or admin. Only way you wont get kicked for high ping/ reserved slot.

Born to Pwn
8 Nov 2008, 05:30pm
Read my *EDIT* Paul, if you haven't already. :) I edited after you had already posted.

Oh and for future reference, was this the right place to put this thread?

Daze
8 Nov 2008, 05:32pm
Read my *EDIT* Paul, if you haven't already. :) I edited after you had already posted.

Oh and for future reference, was this the right place to put this thread?

that would waste a slot when someone with a reserve slot doesn't want to play, there's a hidden slot on ever server. That's why you might see 25/24 oddly sometimes. It then kicks the person with the highest ping which is unfortunately you.

bad luck

Born to Pwn
8 Nov 2008, 05:36pm
Lame. :( lol. Guess I'm going to be the one getting kicked everytime...west coaster playing on east coast servers. :)

Daze
8 Nov 2008, 05:47pm
Lame. :( lol. Guess I'm going to be the one getting kicked everytime...west coaster playing on east coast servers. :)

heh, try being all the way across the Atlantic Ocean!

best thing to do is to buy a reserved slot..

Born to Pwn
8 Nov 2008, 07:29pm
How big is your connection? Me being in a small town, you in London, I bet you have a pretty big one. :)

Anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter. Just never seen this "hidden slot" thing before. Guess I'm gonna haveta live with the frustration lolz, since I can't donate right now. :P