PDA

View Full Version : More vent troubles?

Trogdor
8 Nov 2008, 09:50am
My reason for not being active on vent is because I can't get on. It's really strange. I start it up, everything goes good. I get in the vent server, and my computer shuts down. I reboot and it says windows.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. That's what happens everytime I try it. Please respond if you have an idea of what is going on.

raven maniac
8 Nov 2008, 10:00am
My reason for not being active on vent is because I can't get on. It's really strange. I start it up, everything goes good. I get in the vent server, and my computer shuts down. I reboot and it says windows.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. That's what happens everytime I try it. Please respond if you have an idea of what is going on.

What version of windows are you running?

Trogdor
8 Nov 2008, 10:16am
XP

raven maniac
8 Nov 2008, 10:27am
XP

It might be a problem with your sound drivers/sound card. Try reinstalling your sound drivers or go to setup and for your "Input Device" check the box that says "Use DirectSound".

Trogdor
9 Nov 2008, 03:17pm
I think it's a virus and has nothing to do with my drivers because when I tried the things you suggested it booted me off the same way. It's just strange that it's ONLY vent.

Trogdor
21 Nov 2008, 05:05pm
Sorry - double post. I'm sorry, but I will not be on vent until I get my new computer (hopefully) for christmas.

Zero001
21 Nov 2008, 05:26pm
Make sure you're using the proper version of Ventrilo. If you think you have a virus or some form of malware then take of it. Just because it isn't affecting your other programs doesn't mean it's ok to having it sitting in your system.