PDA

View Full Version : CSS Issue?

Trogdor
7 Nov 2008, 06:45pm
Steam.exe (main exception): CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialized): Partial field header at end of record. This is preventing me from getting on Steam. If you know what it is, please respond.

Wrathek
7 Nov 2008, 11:57pm
my guess is delete clientregistry.blob from your steam directory and restart steam, that should clear it up.

BOOWY
8 Nov 2008, 12:20am
Deletion of the clientregistry.blob sounds like the appropriate answer. Serialization is the process of saving an object into some kind of medium, so it sounds like something got saved wrong by Steam(which isn't far fetched because every once and awhile Steam acts up for me and it's usually solved by the deletion).

Deleting the blob file seems to fix a handful of issues, keep that in mind if Steam gives you trouble in the future. There's no harm in deleting it if something's going on, Steam just recreates the file when you open Steam and it can't find the .blob file.

Italian Jew
8 Nov 2008, 02:01am
my guess is delete clientregistry.blob from your steam directory and restart steam, that should clear it up.

I swear that is the solution for 99% of Steam problems.

Wrathek
8 Nov 2008, 03:45am
the other 1% is just restarting steam

Trogdor
8 Nov 2008, 09:44am
Lol I'm noob. Yes, it's always clientregistry.blob, I should've known that. Thanks guys.