PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert 3

Veggie
6 Nov 2008, 09:56pm
Just got it tonite after driving 30 miles to find a store in stock lol. So Stoked. I'll post how I like the game later.

StrykerSwat
7 Nov 2008, 04:15am
its pretty good,some parts are hard too finish
i might get a new graphics card later on since my bro bought a PSP,and he might buy me L4D in stores :)

Omar
7 Nov 2008, 05:36am
It feels so the same... I like coh and C and C zero hour generals better.
Hell, even tiberium wars is better than this... but it's still fun.

Veggie
7 Nov 2008, 12:47pm
I read about the securerom max installs for the game, It just means you can only have a max of 5 installs running at the same time in online play which is better than Bioshocks where you have to revoke your serial each time you want to uninstall.

Red alert 3 is so much fun.

LegalSmash
7 Nov 2008, 01:17pm
The securom made this game not worth buying for me, and as I owned all the other red alerts in the series, and seeing what EA did to the Westwood classic, I'm not giving them my money.

Born to Pwn
7 Nov 2008, 09:07pm
Is the Red Alert series different from the other C&C games? I can't seem to find out. Anyway, I'm gonna get it after I finish Kane's Wrath. :)

Astrum
7 Nov 2008, 09:28pm
I read about the securerom max installs for the game, It just means you can only have a max of 5 installs running at the same time in online play which is better than Bioshocks where you have to revoke your serial each time you want to uninstall.

Red alert 3 is so much fun.

We've been over this Veggie, directly from EA once again:

Quick update. As many conversations as I’ve had about this, it turns out I got an important detail wrong so I need to clarify something important.

An uninstall does not return the entitlement to the user. I’ll be updating my original post to reflect this.

Only five unique machines can be licensed with the same installation code. So you will be limited to a total of five machine activations.

However, we will ensure that nobody gets left in the lurch. Our customer service organization is committed to granting additional authorizations on a case- by-case basis for those folks who have good reason to need additional installs.

I am really sorry about the confusion, guys. I asked several people about this and thought I had it down, but obviously didn't. Totally my bad.

And more from wikipedia.

Executive Producer Chris Corry has stated that Red Alert 3 will come bundled with the controversial[30][31][32] SecuROM software. The game will have to be activated the first time online, but can be activated and installed only five times per serial.[33] Note that an activation is system targeted, so a user can reinstall as often as he wants on one computer but activate only on five different computers. After the fifth activation, consumers will be required to contact EA Customer Service for every additional activation. He has also stated that uninstalling the game will not return the used installation back to the user.[34]

So no, it doesn't mean what you think it means. It means you're buying a license, not a product. You have successfully paid full price for a rental. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is the Red Alert series different from the other C&C games? I can't seem to find out. Anyway, I'm gonna get it after I finish Kane's Wrath. :)

There are two branches in the Command and Conquer universe*, the Tiberian series and the Red Alert series. According to what was been retconned in Red Alert 2 is the sequel to Red Alert if the Allies win. Tiberian Dawn is the sequel to Red Alert if the Soviets win. Although the Allies (or GDI) winning is usually considered canon, so it can be argued that the two series don't relate to each other and Kane's appearance in Red Alert is just a coincidence. That's the gist of it, read wikipedia if you want to know more.

*Generals, while a decent game, is not a Command and Conquer game. The only thing it has in common with Command and Conquer is that it's an RTS.

mNote
8 Nov 2008, 05:15am
I got this game waiting for me back in Louisiana.

I'm going to play it on Monday when I fly back there. HAW HAW!!!!

James
12 Nov 2008, 02:29am
We've been over this Veggie, directly from EA once again:

And more from wikipedia.

So no, it doesn't mean what you think it means. It means you're buying a license, not a product. You have successfully paid full price for a rental. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are two branches in the Command and Conquer universe*, the Tiberian series and the Red Alert series. According to what was been retconned in Red Alert 2 is the sequel to Red Alert if the Allies win. Tiberian Dawn is the sequel to Red Alert if the Soviets win. Although the Allies (or GDI) winning is usually considered canon, so it can be argued that the two series don't relate to each other and Kane's appearance in Red Alert is just a coincidence. That's the gist of it, read wikipedia if you want to know more.

*Generals, while a decent game, is not a Command and Conquer game. The only thing it has in common with Command and Conquer is that it's an RTS.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=41027

This link is also a great resource, yes it is VERY detailed, but if you skim through, you can find some interesting stuff. However the original author is not known...

Several sentences taken form the link:

"After the defeat of the Soviets at the end of Great World War II, the Allies reported
to the United Nations about their gruesome battle against the Soviet-Union. The UN
then started a several years lasting review of all the information gathered from the
war. When this review was eventually completed, the delegates of the UN would begin
the formation of a Peace Corps capable of covertly dealing with anything from minor
ethnic unrests and small terrorist factions to a situation involving a state of
worldwide emergency as defined in the UN review of The Great World War II."

"Eventually, this new and secretive peace keeping force became the best equipped and most efficient military organisation
on Earth, utilising state-of-the-art high tech weaponry and equipment derived of both
former Allied as well as Soviet designs."

Veggie
15 Nov 2008, 08:13am
"So no, it doesn't mean what you think it means. It means you're buying a license, not a product. You have successfully paid full price for a rental. Nothing more, nothing less."

Either way the game is a blast, It was the same way with Bioshock which also was a great game, never had any problems. It's looking like drm is not going away anytime soon except for music and maybe one day eventually gaming.

Farmer Mick
15 Nov 2008, 09:01am
C and C zero hour generals better.
Hell, even tiberium wars is better than this... but it's still fun.

well you are a fucking idiot generals is the shittest piece of shit

tib wars ftw

James
15 Nov 2008, 11:53am
well you are a fucking idiot generals is the shittest piece of shit

tib wars ftw

Oh my god!! Mick has actually said something correct at last!!!!

StrykerSwat
15 Nov 2008, 01:11pm
anyone up to play RA3 online later on tonight?

it would be much fun,name is strykerswat :D

mNote
15 Nov 2008, 04:06pm
anyone up to play RA3 online later on tonight?

it would be much fun,name is strykerswat :D

Mine is Notetsu.

I'm still figuring out how to play this game effectively. Just finished the Soviet mission today and only the first Allied mission.

Veggie
20 Nov 2008, 01:35pm
Oh so it still has an adjustment period like the other games?

There's a lot to adjust to in the game, I don't want to give out any spoilers but Naval Gameplay takes some adjusting to, new A.I. is very smart in skirmishes, Co-Op play is a lot of fun, maps are much bigger, bigger missions, units have something special I won't divulge.

mNote
20 Nov 2008, 02:02pm
Oh so it still has an adjustment period like the other games?

Adjusting to new game play style in RA3 isn't fun.

The campaign could have seriously been better.

LVG
20 Nov 2008, 04:34pm
Oh my god!! Mick has actually said something correct at last!!!!

Ill correct you there tib wars FAIL ALL OF THEM ARE FAIL DIAF EVERYCOPY OF THE DAM GAME

Astrum
20 Nov 2008, 05:42pm
Adjusting to new game play style in RA3 isn't fun.

The campaign could have seriously been better.

There were two brief moments that I enjoyed in the campaign, in total about 5 seconds of enjoyable content. The rest of the time I would rather have had shards of glass in my eyes.

mNote
20 Nov 2008, 06:44pm
There were two brief moments that I enjoyed in the campaign, in total about 5 seconds of enjoyable content. The rest of the time I would rather have had shards of glass in my eyes.

The only part I liked about the whole game was the ending movie for the Allies. But even then it still wasn't worth it. :bored:

Eldest
20 Nov 2008, 10:27pm
If anyone has Hamachi, I'm up for a game over LAN:closedeyes: