PDA

View Full Version : Demo issues.

Bethy
5 Nov 2008, 04:48pm
When I play CS:S it doesn't lag for me, but when I make a demo and then try to watch it, it is really laggy and you can't hear what people are saying. I want to fix it but I honestly, have no idea how. I don't think it has anything to do with my computer not being good enough, because my computer was custom made and it is pretty good. So if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.

Axel
5 Nov 2008, 05:09pm
When I play CS:S it doesn't lag for me, but when I make a demo and then try to watch it, it is really laggy and you can't hear what people are saying. I want to fix it but I honestly, have no idea how. I don't think it has anything to do with my computer not being good enough, because my computer was custom made and it is pretty good. So if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.

I noticed it too, when you record you lag but when you play you don't...
I don't think you can actually fix it...
Just because your computer is custom made doesn't mean you ISP is very good...
Without a powerful enough ISP ALL your records will lag
Recordings pick up lag but when you play you don't xD
It's very odd

To fix it I would suggest a better ISP and be directly connected to your router...
Otherwise if you're wireless you will almost defiantly lag.
As for the sound, I can't help there xD

Bethy
5 Nov 2008, 06:04pm
I noticed it too, when you record you lag but when you play you don't...
I don't think you can actually fix it...
Just because your computer is custom made doesn't mean you ISP is very good...
Without a powerful enough ISP ALL your records will lag
Recordings pick up lag but when you play you don't xD
It's very odd

To fix it I would suggest a better ISP and be directly connected to your router...
Otherwise if you're wireless you will almost defiantly lag.
As for the sound, I can't help there xD

i'm not wireless. eh, it sucks because if i have proof of something on a demo, i can't really use it because its impossible to hear anything or really see whats going on.

raven maniac
5 Nov 2008, 06:56pm
A lot of demo lag comes from either your CPU is too slow, or you're Hard Drives speed. There used to be a command to lower the demo quality, I think its record demoname-33 or something but I really don't remember sorry :(