What is the rule here?
on the surf deathmatch RPG
its not very clear
because some admins say it is fine
and other say it isn't
clarification would be nice :D
thanks

Axel / アクセル

Its more of a rule towards spawn camping, there are lots of teleports that send you to spawn, so shooting whilst your running through the spawn is allowed, just not camping.

Also just to clraify; farming experience is also not allowed. If you find anyone farming exp; such as left click knifing in a corner of a map, then take a demo and im sure we would be able to reset their experience to 0.

Repus
3 Nov 2008, 10:51am
You get levels by knifing corner of map?? that sounds stupid.

Tyrant
3 Nov 2008, 05:01pm
@ Repus: He was referring to if two people or more are sitting around, i.e. in a corner, and just knifing each other alot. That is considered experience farming and will result in an experience reset if found out with proof.

P.S. Don't know if you were being sarcastic or something, but I just wanted to clarify.

Axel
4 Nov 2008, 12:33am
thanks guys :D
I will let you know of any spawn killers then!
I got yelled at for spawn killing
getting revenge on being spawn killed 6 times seemed like justice to me
most admins do nothing about it though

Z3r0 M4ni4c
5 Nov 2008, 02:25pm
well its even in the motd.
Those are the rules to follow.
And its really frustrating when your spawning you get instant killed time over time.
So type motd if your not sure what the rules are there are the rules.

XeNo
9 Nov 2008, 08:56am
Personally I find it more fun...No offense to those that prefer to stick to the rules.

In RPG DM there's no one area people stay at since you have to surf through the whole damn map to get somewhere, and if they fall into jail they just kill themselves instead of staying.

Which is mainly why I suggested we have more maps than surf, the only really popular one is Matrix that I've seen and that's because people can get into a box by jumping off from spawn, and they fight in there.

I allow spawn camping due to the fact that usually they can't survive in a spawn for longer than 15 seconds or so, cause the team rapes them. Heaven forbid we require the team to fall back to spawn and clear out a spawn camper. It's RPG, role playing implies teamwork.

As for point farming, why ban when you can just kill them yourself? And in my opinion, camping a portal area and killing anyone who goes through is considered point farming since you have the unfair advantage of already ready to fire.

I think some of the rules should be re-looked over considering it's DM.

P.S. Yes, I know this thread is 4 days old, but it's top of the list.

Lux
9 Nov 2008, 04:34pm
If you just come out of a spawn and people are there, you have a right to kill them as if you don't, they will kill you......

If you repetitively go back to spawn killing people who respawn or are afk that is not ok.

Axel
9 Nov 2008, 05:18pm
If you just come out of a spawn and people are there, you have a right to kill them as if you don't, they will kill you......

If you repetitively go back to spawn killing people who respawn or are afk that is not ok.

Agreed
you gotta look out for people who abuse spawn killing
it isn't fair to low level noobs xD

Paul
9 Nov 2008, 06:40pm
Agreed
you gotta look out for people who abuse spawn killing
it isn't fair to low level noobs xD

Its the way most other rpg servers are though. But just kick them if they get annoying and camp constantly.