PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: 5 WaW Beta

Determined2Win
2 Nov 2008, 12:44pm
So the PC beta came out a couple days ago, Heard good/bad things about it.
First off, if you are familiar with CoD:4 you should know about the perk: Juggernaut.
Well they brought that back for CoD:5 unfortunately. Good things are new and improved perks like the Monkey (allows you to climb trees with more agility) and Play dead (well that should be self explanatory)

CoD:5 WaW complete game comes out: November 11th, 2008.

Reply with opinions and statements!

Robfal
2 Nov 2008, 12:48pm
And from what I hear they also have Martyrdom.... LOL at all of you that bitched about that perk in CoD4

Determined2Win
2 Nov 2008, 12:54pm
I bitched about it all the time until I started using it Lol. All of my kits had Mp5/3 frags/Marty/and Steady Aim. Had at least 35-40 kills every round.

Trogdor
2 Nov 2008, 02:17pm
I was never good at CoD4 but it is cool. CoD5 I think might be repetitive though. To me, and I dont know much about CoD, it looked as if the gameplay was exactly alike. They might've made some changes but I didn't see much. The best part I saw was the Zombie Mod thing they said was going to be in CoD5 and it looked hot. I would wait and see.

andre1028
3 Nov 2008, 02:38pm
Played the beta
Wasn't Satisfied
Basically COD4 with 60 year old guns
Deleted it.

I'll still buy the game though for the heck of it being a COD fan for a while.

Lux
3 Nov 2008, 03:08pm
CoD single player, very good except for it being far too short.

CoD online, extremely poor, I preferred the laggy PS3 games like Rainbow Vegas :closedeyes:

Determined2Win
3 Nov 2008, 06:05pm
Meh, every games going to have it's lag. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. But yes, CoD:4 did have more lag than I would have liked.

Daze
4 Nov 2008, 02:30am
Meh, every games going to have it's lag. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. But yes, CoD:4 did have more lag than I would have liked.

Depends if your system is a piece of crap like Luxz0rs' is.

I wont buy it, but no doubt my brother will be hooked for a good few weeks then never play it again.

imkrazie
6 Nov 2008, 01:23pm
perks like the Monkey (allows you to climb trees with more agility) and Play dead (well that should be self explanatory)

None of those perks made the final cut.

I prefer cod5 over 4. The gameplay is slower and weapons have a lot more recoil than cod4 (which isn't saying much though). Grenades were finally nerfed. Vehicles while fun, aren't very usual / are overpowered. Dogs and the Recon plane shouldn't be in the game, artillery strike is good though. I'm buying the game strictly for the coop and zombie modes then for multiplayer.

Mammal
6 Nov 2008, 01:57pm
Well I didn't really enjoy COD4, apart from being able to use ghillie suits the entire game disapointed me, it was very easy, not only singleplayer but multiplayer, I ended with killstreaks of 49 with an MP5 and I got to the top rank in a day.

Hopefully COD5 will be good, vehicles might make it more fun, I absolutley LOVED COD1 expansion with the jeeps and tanks, also loved the COD2 mod that gave tanks, AA guns, plane and jeeps to a capture the flag custom map. Was immense.

Nothing like COD 1 or 2 for a game, COD3 and 4 hold nothing on them at all.

Astrum
6 Nov 2008, 06:20pm
I can't play, it says I don't have any localized assets or some bullshit. Ugh.

matt 187
6 Nov 2008, 10:17pm
i played the demo on xbox live it SUCKS!!!!!!

it really sucks i thought it was going to be better but........ =[

cod4 is way better =]

SneakySnake
7 Nov 2008, 07:11pm
I like cod4 better than cod5 because cod5 takes place in world war 2 and you dont get all the awesome guns and attachments there. but i heard the graphics are alot better and the gameplay is good.

haeShep
11 Nov 2008, 07:51pm
Not too bad of a game. But nothing new or great. Single player plays out a lot like CoD4 but just taking place during varies WWII battles. The best part to me so far is after you complete single player you get access to the zombie level, which can be played solo or Co-op. Best time so far is 9 rounds.

Born to Pwn
11 Nov 2008, 07:55pm
Full game out today...hmmm. I might get it, I need to free up space though! lol. :)

haeShep
11 Nov 2008, 08:51pm
There's never enough space imo. 750 GBs and only 30 left:/

Mammal
12 Nov 2008, 09:17am
Well I am definatley going to get it just because I have all the COD (except 3) and expansions so far. I don't expect it to be as good as COD 1 or 2 but would hope it is atleast as good or better than COD 4, which imo wasn't all to impressive.

SOLANUM
12 Nov 2008, 10:55am
i played the demo on xbox live it SUCKS!!!!!!

it really sucks i thought it was going to be better but........ =[

cod4 is way better =]

Get

The fuck

Out

Frostbyte
12 Nov 2008, 01:19pm
I liked the original call of duty, and its expansion, united offensive. Cod 2 was okay, singleplayer was top-notch, cod 3.. ugh, cod4 brought douchebaggery to the series, and the cod 5 beta was cool, but some stuff is plain unrealistic.
REFLEX SIGHTS IN WW2? WHAT THE FUCK.
Seriously.

Modgers1
16 Nov 2008, 09:10pm
Had fun with the Beta. Will NOT be purchasing this game, unless for some reason EVERYONE from the community gets it. I could not stand the fact how similar it was to Call of Duty 4. Playing the Beta even made me go back to playing Call of Duty 4. How the heck can you put a silencer on a bolt-action rifle? Anyway, it was not unique at all, was CoD 4 with older stuff. Message me if you want to play CoD 4 sometime though.

-Modgers

PotshotPolka
17 Nov 2008, 07:13am
Had fun with the Beta. Will NOT be purchasing this game, unless for some reason EVERYONE from the community gets it. I could not stand the fact how similar it was to Call of Duty 4. Playing the Beta even made me go back to playing Call of Duty 4. How the heck can you put a silencer on a bolt-action rifle? Anyway, it was not unique at all, was CoD 4 with older stuff. Message me if you want to play CoD 4 sometime though.

-Modgers

Are the Japanese UAVs carrier pigeons?