PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 9

Determined2Win
2 Nov 2008, 12:38pm
Titans are the only undefeated team left, hopefully the packers get an upset!

By the way go Bills!

Trogdor
2 Nov 2008, 02:05pm
I dont see the packers getting an upset on this one. The titans have been playing out of their mind. Hopefully they go all the way, they deserve it so far for how they have been playing.

raven maniac
2 Nov 2008, 02:41pm
Ravens pulled through again! 3W streak! WOOOOOOO

jeN
2 Nov 2008, 03:24pm
Like I told Raven, Titans are insane right now, I was proud of my Colts for the game last week. We didn't win, but we did well enough.

I'm definitely excited for the Colts Pats game though.

I overslept because I'm sick and missed the Bills game. =[

matt 187
2 Nov 2008, 04:08pm
Dallas cowboys = teh suxz!!!! the past 4 weeks with out romo

Italian Jew
2 Nov 2008, 04:21pm
Currently we are trailing 28-7, but if Romo was in, the scores would be reversed. The Giants have scored 21 points off of turnovers, with two turnovers in drives where we were in scoring position. And it isn't the Cowboys without suicide by penalties.

I just want this game to end so we can get to the bye week, get most of our starting lineup back on both sides of the ball, and go to the drawing board. Our defense has done much better than it normally has though. That was something positive to come out of these few, long weeks. Overall though, it has been depressing. :glare:

At least my secondary teams, the Ravens and Titans, won this week.:laugh:

GrayFox
2 Nov 2008, 04:52pm
Just got home from missing all the games in time for the Pats. I'm hoping for a win tonight, not just because its the Pats, but also to knock the Colts even father from playoff contention.

jeN
2 Nov 2008, 05:49pm
Just got home from missing all the games in time for the Pats. I'm hoping for a win tonight, not just because its the Pats, but also to knock the Colts even father from playoff contention.

diaf.

no but srsly =[ leave my colts alone.

GrayFox
2 Nov 2008, 08:05pm
diaf.

no but srsly =[ leave my colts alone.

Sorry, can't hear you from way down there in near-last place.:rlol:

raven maniac
2 Nov 2008, 08:16pm
Sorry, can't hear you from way down there in near-last place.:rlol:

I'm sorry but it seems as if Indi has just taken the lead back with the a 2pt conversion? Damn a 5-2 team losing to a 3-4 team. Don't try and play the card that "Our QB is hurt" bullshit because Cassel isn't playing bad, you're just getting straight up outplayed?

EDIT: By the way, who has NE played that has ANY credibility?
1: KC
2: Jets
3. Dolphins < that you lost too, lol.
4. bye
5. SF
6. Chargers
7. Broncos
8. Rams

wow that's 1 tough schedule.

Zargotelc
2 Nov 2008, 08:22pm
Pfft. Romo is just as turnover susceptible as the rest of the mediocre and talentless quarterbacks on the Cowboys. It'd probably be a TD closer but that's it. The Giants would have won that game regardless of who was at QB for the Cowboys.

They really are a joke this year.

jeN
2 Nov 2008, 08:24pm
I'm sorry but it seems as if Indi has just taken the lead back with the a 2pt conversion? Damn a 5-2 team losing to a 3-4 team. Don't try and play the card that "Our QB is hurt" bullshit because Cassel isn't playing bad, you're just getting straight up outplayed?

4. bye
5. SF
6. Chargers
7. Broncos
8. Rams

QFT and burnage.

Italian Jew
2 Nov 2008, 08:53pm
Pfft. Romo is just as turnover susceptible as the rest of the mediocre and talentless quarterbacks on the Cowboys. It'd probably be a TD closer but that's it. The Giants would have won that game regardless of who was at QB for the Cowboys.

They really are a joke this year.

lol, Romo only has 5 INTs so far this season. He also has 14 TDs and a QB rating of 103.5. That is only after 6 games this season, but mediocre and talentless? If he throws an INT (which is usually a deep pass, not a quick one), he rarely fucks up more than 1 or 2 (unless he is in Buffalo). Even when he throws INTs, he throws hell of a lot more TDs, which is why he is an elite QB. He wouldn't have made the shitty ass throws Brad Johnson made and he would've worked faster and more efficient than Bollinger did.

The reason we lost was because our offense was turnover prone (because of Johnson,a bit of Bollinger, and a rare TO fumble). We won in Tampe because Johnson didn't cost us any points. Romo wouldn't have screwed up as much as Bollinger and Johnson did and he would've put points up on the board instead of giving the points to the Giants. They got 21 points off of turnovers, 14 of which were Johnson's fault. You take those away, the Giants only had 14-21 points, a score easily overtaken by Romo especially if he had his starting crew + Roy Williams.

Not only that, our defense would have actually had momentum or at least a will to play at the end. Throughout the game, the Giants only did well on offense either after a turnover in our territory or at the end when our defense gave up.

jeN
2 Nov 2008, 09:06pm
Hey uh, NT PATS. REALLY NT.

:001_tongue:

LitKey
2 Nov 2008, 09:41pm

4. bye
5. SF
6. Chargers
7. Broncos
8. Rams

Chargers too have beat them, and although they have had really bad luck this season (i.e.: losing due to bad calls, losing by a couple points) they are pretty bad as a team. And the Pats lost to them still, so that's saying something.

Determined2Win
3 Nov 2008, 01:19pm
I like how my topics spark interest and debate, I'll be sure to make a week 10! And from the looks of it, I'm gonna be doing a lot of swapping in my fantasy draft this week.

GrayFox
3 Nov 2008, 02:48pm
I like how my topics spark interest and debate, I'll be sure to make a week 10! And from the looks of it, I'm gonna be doing a lot of swapping in my fantasy draft this week.

Your not the first to make these, we just lost interest around week 9. As long as you make this thread, they will come.

SpikedRocker
3 Nov 2008, 03:03pm
And how about my motha' f'ing bengals!?!?!?! At least we won't be winless now. :-D

Determined2Win
3 Nov 2008, 06:03pm
You beat Jacksonville, and by 2 whole points I might add, the Bengals offense is a sell-out and not nearly as talented as they used to be (pretty much the same roster). Hey at least at this rate you're on track with the dolphins a year ago! (not something to be proud of) (enter sarcastic laugh here)

raven maniac
3 Nov 2008, 06:07pm
You beat Jacksonville, and by 2 whole points I might add, the Bengals offense is a sell-out and not nearly as talented as they used to be (pretty much the same roster). Hey at least at this rate you're on track with the dolphins a year ago! (not something to be proud of) (enter sarcastic laugh here)

hey, they are competing with the Lions for 1st draft pick! :P

Zargotelc
4 Nov 2008, 04:43am
Redskins lost last night. :(

Groggy , tired and angry but just pointing out Cowboys haven't looked good all season other than that Browns win. Lost to DC , struggled against Bengals , and lost to Cards. Lol. Maybe it's just the bias talking or me being livid after last night but I doubt the Cowboys will make the playoffs lol

Zero001
4 Nov 2008, 10:38am
LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!

The AFC East in insane right now. Everyone has a chance to be in it. I WANT to use my playoff rights damit! Keep this streak alive Dolphins!

Lol... at the drunk Bills fan who started crying when her team lost. I thought of you Jen :^)

Patriots can diaf, that is the one game that everyone has been harassing me about. My section is set to bring the noise. It's too bad I have a feeling 1/2 the stadium is going to be on the Patriots side.

matt 187
4 Nov 2008, 10:40am
DOLPHINS!!!

raven maniac
4 Nov 2008, 10:46am
LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!

The AFC East in insane right now. Everyone has a chance to be in it. I WANT to use my playoff rights damit! Keep this streak alive Dolphins!

Lol... at the drunk Bills fan who started crying when her team lost. I thought of you Jen :^)

Patriots can diaf, that is the one game that everyone has been harassing me about. My section is set to bring the noise. It's too bad I have a feeling 1/2 the stadium is going to be on the Patriots side.

your dolphins were playing fucking amazing the last few weeks O.O

jeN
4 Nov 2008, 11:50am

Tbh, that would have been me too. :crying:

Trogdor
4 Nov 2008, 01:14pm
Aw, Colt's suck. How are the Patriots going to go lose to Colt's? We really aren't good this year are we?

Determined2Win
4 Nov 2008, 01:23pm
Pats are goin down this week. Bills shall overcome this 3L streak. This next game will really show whether or not Bills are going to be Playoff hopefuls. So hopefully T. Edwards will stop turning it over 4+ times alone and then point fingers at his blockers. Anybody see the last offensive drive with the Browns v. Ravens game, Epic Fail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1C_vddMxU skip to 2:05

raven maniac
4 Nov 2008, 01:26pm
Aw, Colt's suck. How are the Patriots going to go lose to Colt's? We really aren't good this year are we?

No, actually you're not. If you look at the beginning of the season the Colts weren't playing good because of Mannings 2 knee surgeries, but if you watched the Colts vs Titans game, The colts played 1 hell of a game but fell apart in the 4th quarter. The titans are 1 amazing team this season and play some tough football.

The Pats have only beaten half-rate football teams that are playing like shit. You lost to the Dolphins(who I might add have been playing some nice football), to the Chargers that aren't playing very well this season, and to the Colts.

The only team that NE has played with a positive record is the Jets and they suck, but are leading your division.

You can say the same about the Ravens, but we've beaten the Browns(division rivals) 2x and 1 time at their stadium which is tough. The losses that we have were all 3 back-to-back against 3 teams that are playing tough. We lost to Steelers (fuckers), to Indi (they ALWAYS play tough against Ravens), and to the titans where we played probably our best defensive game all season with the exception of our offense struggling at the time.

EDIT: Hey d2w, we won like that last time as well. Ngata has AMAZING pass rush ability and he just rushed Anderson to throw an INT to Suggs for the 2nd time this season haha.

SpikedRocker
4 Nov 2008, 02:18pm

When you are waiting for the first win 9 weeks into the season its something to celebrate, don't care who or how bad you beat them.

Zero001
4 Nov 2008, 02:57pm
A win is a win

Hey, I know how it feels to have to wait almost an entire season to your team get a win. It's a relief, especially when they've lost a lot of games by 3 points or less and there were plenty of blown coaching decisions. Getting rid of Culpepper for Green was a big mistake, and we still find it hard to cheer for Ginn. Having to take a former rival QB isn't the greatest, but we'll take the wins. As we say in Miami win or lose we boo.

Determined2Win
5 Nov 2008, 01:34pm
Miami is looking good this year with the AFC east being wide open. Wouldn't surprise me if they finish the season with a 9-10+ winning record