PDA

View Full Version : **Account Hijacked**

raven maniac
1 Nov 2008, 08:14pm
Paul received a message from "VAC Employee" on Kao|Doom"Slayer.XTC's account. IF you get a message from him please don't tell him your info unless you feel like losing your steam account.

thanks
JB

Paul
1 Nov 2008, 08:20pm
Never tell your password to anyone.
VAC employee : Hello, I work for Steam, I have been given authorization to inform you that your account has been logged in on multiple ip adresses. To verify that this is your account, I will need your : First name, Account name, and Account password. Failure to comply will result in the permanent disablement of your account.
[SG] Paul: sure
[SG] Paul: where do i send this too
[SG] Paul: do i reply here with my account info?
VAC employee : yes
[SG] Paul: okay
[SG] Paul: Paul , Paul934 , footballbcfc
[SG] Paul: is that okay
[SG] Paul: ?
[SG] Paul: will my account not be disabled now?
[SG] Paul: hello?
VAC employee : No.
VAC employee : your good.
[SG] Paul: why do you nee my information?
[SG] Paul: what do you do with it?
[SG] Paul: o wait thats my wrong password
VAC employee : yup
VAC employee : ill need correct pass, or ill need to disable
[SG] Paul: why are you going to disable it though?
VAC employee : I work for vac, I have that authorization if its hijacked
[SG] Paul: but its now
[SG] Paul: not*
[SG] Paul: well i guess i could tell you my pass word
[SG] Paul: ill tell you this accounts stuff
[SG] Paul: Username: CLOUDWILL Password: FUCKYOURMOM
[SG] Paul: you wrote that down?
[SG] Paul: how about you suck my left nut for my password
[SG] Paul: then i will give you it
VAC employee adding [SG] Paul...
[SG] Paul: you've disbaled cloudwill's aka my account now right?
[SG] Paul: its all good and i can go on my way?
[SG] Paul: hello?
VAC employee is now Offline.

jeN
1 Nov 2008, 08:21pm
=( Do we really have to put these up anytime so idiot gives out their information? I understand the first time and all, but there's been so many threads regarding this as well as that sticky..

Paul
1 Nov 2008, 08:23pm
=( Do we really have to put these up anytime so idiot gives out their information? I understand the first time and all, but there's been so many threads regarding this as well as that sticky..

I suppose so, but I bet people will still fall for the same old trick.

Prevention is cheaper than the cure.

raven maniac
1 Nov 2008, 08:23pm

Delete it then. :001_rolleyes:

Maxwelldon
1 Nov 2008, 08:24pm
Easy solution also; Don't add people you don't know to your steamfriends.

I have very strict rule about this to myself since I had once my account stolen and took a week restore it from VALVE even tho I provided all info they needed..

jeN
1 Nov 2008, 08:33pm
Delete it then. :001_rolleyes:

It's fine but I meant for future reference because as of lately, anytime some moron gets their account scammed, we get an announcement regarding it =P If someone still falls for it, they deserve. Especially since there's this nifty little "Never tell your password to anyone." at the top of an IM, as well as any online game, the GM's will NEVER ask for your password through a PM.

For those of us who aren't completely inept on computers, redundant message is boring and redundant.

Not to mention the last few of these, I have no idea who the people even are which leads me to believe none of them have forum accounts they're active on and/or just add random people ingame..

SpikedRocker
1 Nov 2008, 08:34pm
do we have a steam community page for this guy so he doesn't play on our servers?

Paul
1 Nov 2008, 08:40pm
do we have a steam community page for this guy so he doesn't play on our servers?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/james6058

LitKey
1 Nov 2008, 08:43pm
http://steamcommunity.com/id/james6058

That account was actually permed for advertising 3 months ago.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7788

jeN
1 Nov 2008, 08:51pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8227

Any further posts regarding hacked/hijacked/scammed accounts are to go here.

If you find someone on your list who has been scammed, post their steam community page and who they were.

If someone adds you and does the same, repeat above.

If you post in that thread with anything irrelevant or spam, you will get a PM from myself bitching at you for being a complete retard who can't read.

This is now locked.