PDA

View Full Version : [Added] Zombie Escape Maplist Redone, if you want any maps back/off make a thread about it.

*Queen VenomousFate*
31 Oct 2008, 04:15pm
I just went through our map list, and I selected 14 maps which I believe do not need to be on our servers. Most of these I am on the fence about, so if you could please post your opinion on each of these maps, or as many as you like. It will help me decide which ones to remove.

zm_boatescape6_remix - We have zm_boatescape5_remix on our servers, and essentially it is the same map, but I believe version 5 is better, Only one boatescape map will remain on our server

ze_echo_snowescape_v3b - Extremely short, old, and boring, almost never played

ze_dust_escape_v1 - Short, very zombie sided, rarely played

ze_canal_escape - Way to long for a map that is just a straight shot. The map is basically just who can run the fastest. BORING.

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - Map is not really an escape map, basically it starts off one sided for humans, and ends up one sided for zombies

ze_wasteland_escape - I have never seen humans win this map, rarely played

zm_escape_bridge_v1d - Way to small passageways for 40 people. A Blockers paradise

ze_echo_boatescape_extended - Basically just a slightly more detailed version of boatescape5, but without the pods, which Is why I think we should remove it, as previously noted, only 1 boatescape map will be allowed

ze_icecave_escape_v2 - lol, can you say Clusterfuck?

zm_malvinas_heli_v2 - I am very on the fence for this one, the map can be fun, but it also easily abused.

ze_paradise_v1 - This map, while new, is not suitable for 40 people, especially the massive drop at the end, where there are only 2 hangliders but 40 people.

ze_crisscross_v2_r3 - Sorry Jack, but this map is never played. Ever.

ze_city_b3 - Map is confusing, I looked at it for an hour but couldnt find out where to go.

So please, in a post list the maps you want to keep/remove out of these 14
Keep (Of the maps listed above) -
Map
Map
Map etc etc etc

Remove (Of the maps listed above) -
Map
Map
Map etc etc etc

NOTE:If you have any other maps that you strongly believe should be removed, make a note of it in your post, with your reasoning, and I will look into it.

Jaffa
31 Oct 2008, 04:46pm
Keep:

atix_panic: popular map on the servers, runs well, rarely gets rtv'd, i think people like the different style of escape on this map (i.e with cading up for protection)

ze_echo_boatescape_extended: i know you have said that you only want one boatescape map, but i would like to see this kept along with boatescape5, as i think it would be good to have a version available without the driveable vehicules, as they often cause a lot of arguments and problems on boatescape5

Remove:

zm_boatescape6_remix: out of the three, this is my least favourite, so i won't argue with dropping this. Its hard to defend at end without teamwork, and zombie boats = human loss, wasting half the rounds

zm_malvinas_heli_v2: i really dislike this map, whilst it is part cading like panic, there are too few survival spots, and the heli is too small and glitchy

ze_city_b3: the end is hidden in some building, with a train inside, if you don;t know it its hard to find

I agree with removing the others, as,whilst some have a special place in my heart (i.e escape_bridge), i can see that they aren't right for the servers

*Queen VenomousFate*
31 Oct 2008, 05:06pm
Keep:

ze_echo_boatescape_extended: i know you have said that you only want one boatescape map, but i would like to see this kept along with boatescape5, as i think it would be good to have a version available without the driveable vehicules, as they often cause a lot of arguments and problems on boatescape5

The ONLY Difference between boatescape extended and Boatescape5, is that Extended version does not have 2 pods, the the helicopter doesnt go all the way. Therefore I think we should keep only boatescape5

Daze
31 Oct 2008, 05:51pm
you remove zm_atix_panic_ b3 i will personally behead you, IMO the rest of the maps slack in enjoyment and overall fun in the game. all apart from malvinas_heli which is a half decent map to play with.

andre1028
31 Oct 2008, 05:54pm
Remove all of them except ATIX_PANIC. It's very balanced in my opinion and brings in new tactics to the ZM Escape.

I mean seriously, who doesn't like barricades and escape mixed together?

Jaffa
31 Oct 2008, 06:26pm
The ONLY Difference between boatescape extended and Boatescape5, is that Extended version does not have 2 pods, the the helicopter doesnt go all the way. Therefore I think we should keep only boatescape5

fair enough, i kinda like the map from an admin perspective, as it gets rid of a lot of the hassle of players arguing over who gets to fly the heli, fly the pods, and people nuking early

Phoenix
31 Oct 2008, 07:40pm
KEEP

zm_boatescape6_remix - Personally, i like this map. This is much better than escape5 imo, everything is automatic so you don't have the gay pods racing ahead and pre-nuking, and you don't have a failure of a chopper pilot killing half of the humans by keeping them at spawn all round. IMO, either keep this or echo_boatescape, but get rid of escape5!

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - I will personally chase you down and beat you with a tent peg if you get rid of this map! always a good laugh at the end :001_rolleyes:

zm_escape_bridge_v1d - Honestly I don't mind this map, i find it quite adrenaline pumping at times, but the bad thing is 9 times out of ten you can bet the zombie will spawn inside and humans don't stand a chance. It's not as bad on EscapeII with the weaker zombies, but quite a problem on EscapeI.

ze_echo_boatescape_extended - See boatescape6

REMOVE

ze_wasteland_escape - Zombies always win, causing camping humans making the round always longer. Rarely played so it's just taking the slot of a possible good map.

ze_icecave_escape_v2 - As you said, clusterfuck :001_smile:

zm_malvinas_heli_v2 - Quite a long winded map, with campers usually at the start prolonging the round all the time.

ze_paradise_v1 - Too spread out for escape, either zombie spawns on the island so only the humans on the secret boat are left living, or zombie spawns on boat and beats everyone to the island.

ze_crisscross_v2_r3 - Quite a confusing map, with a big glitch at the end where people can take the lift early and leave their teammates for dead.

ze_city_b3 - Also a confusing map, with a clusterfuck at the end usually, depending on how many make it alive.

ze_echo_snowescape_v3b - Boring map, and quite short.

ze_dust_escape_v1 - V.short map, that's the main issue. Also, the boxes at the bunker are a big problem, usually causing a clusterfuck at the end when everyone tries to jump in at once.

ze_canal_escape - Long map, quite boring, and usually only a few people make it to the end alive.

*Queen VenomousFate*
31 Oct 2008, 11:20pm
As of right now, pending server vote, I am still intending to remove all the maps I mentioned except for Panic and Malvini's.

The only exception will be the whole boatescape situation. I will carry out votes on all 3 of these maps, and we will go from there. I am extremely hesitant to put two boat escapes on the server since people tend to rtv for boatescape then vote for the other version a map later.

Please continue to post your opinions.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
1 Nov 2008, 04:49am
only too add comment.
Personally i love ze_paradise_v1.
Its a good map with good potentials.
Maby a few fixes here and there.

But even if the zombie spawns in secret boat or on the island i still can beat them as human.
Its not hard if you know the map good.
Maby ask butter to fix the map on some parts :wink:

Phoenix
1 Nov 2008, 04:52am
only too add comment.
Personally i love ze_paradise_v1.
Its a good map with good potentials.
Maby a few fixes here and there.

But even if the zombie spawns in secret boat or on the island i still can beat them as human.
Its not hard if you know the map good.
Maby ask butter to fix the map on some parts :wink:

i know it's still beatable, it's just quite heard when there's about 3 of you left and 30 odd zombies jump off the cliff at u :001_tongue:

Mammal
1 Nov 2008, 05:45am
I just went through our map list, and I selected 14 maps which I believe do not need to be on our servers. Most of these I am on the fence about, so if you could please post your opinion on each of these maps, or as many as you like. It will help me decide which ones to remove.

zm_boatescape6_remix - We have zm_boatescape5_remix on our servers, and essentially it is the same map, but I believe version 5 is better, Only one boatescape map will remain on our server

ze_echo_snowescape_v3b - Extremely short, old, and boring, almost never played

ze_dust_escape_v1 - Short, very zombie sided, rarely played

ze_canal_escape - Way to long for a map that is just a straight shot. The map is basically just who can run the fastest. BORING.

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - Map is not really an escape map, basically it starts off one sided for humans, and ends up one sided for zombies

zm_escape_bridge_v1d - Way to small passageways for 40 people. A Blockers paradise

ze_echo_boatescape_extended - Basically just a slightly more detailed version of boatescape5, but without the pods, which Is why I think we should remove it, as previously noted, only 1 boatescape map will be allowed

zm_malvinas_heli_v2 - I am very on the fence for this one, the map can be fun, but it also easily abused.

ze_paradise_v1 - This map, while new, is not suitable for 40 people, especially the massive drop at the end, where there are only 2 hangliders but 40 people.

ze_crisscross_v2_r3 - Sorry Jack, but this map is never played. Ever.

ze_city_b3 - Map is confusing, I looked at it for an hour but couldnt find out where to go.

Keep:

I love all these maps, as you say, they are a challenge, yet with teamwork can be won quite easily, and both make for some VERY epic moments. Such as when I have won alone on wasteland, with 5 zombies ontop of the cable car and me inside. Or on panic with 3 humans holding the chopper against 20 or so zombies. Icecave also makes for some epic wins, or tragic deaths (:

I would remove all the others, as I dont often see them played, or enjoy playing them at all.

Repus
1 Nov 2008, 07:01am
Your right for all of those except echo_boatescape. Its better than boatescape 5 bc there is no whining who can fly heli.

I think should keep echo boatescape and boatescape5 bc they are still pretty different. Echo_boatescape ftw!

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Nov 2008, 10:32am
The good thing about Boatescape5, is that even if a retard is flying the helicopter, you can always jump out and run there, and beat the boats lol.

I know some people can't fly, but I think people like to have the option of flying things, it is just something new as opposed to other maps.

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Nov 2008, 04:26pm
zm_boatescape6_remix
ze_echo_snowescape_v3b
ze_dust_escape_v1
ze_canal_escape
ze_wasteland_escape
zm_escape_bridge_v1d
ze_icecave_escape_v2
ze_paradise_v1
ze_crisscross_v2_r3
ze_city_b3

So the only maps out the original list I am keeping is Malvini's, Panic and escape5 Extended.

Yes I am getting rid of Boatescape 6 because the only thing different about the map is that the helicopter is at the end, and since no one ever wants to take the boats, people always just camp the choppa, then the zombies get the boats, beat them there, and the Humans just camp on the helicopter. HOWEVER, either this map or 5 will be chosen to keep, not both.

Of course all of these will be removed pending a vote first

True Twinkie
1 Nov 2008, 05:04pm
I personally think Malvinas should be removed from the servers. It's very similar to ATIX_Heli and the only reason why people play Malvinas is for the floating skateboard.

When I play, some players remove the escape idea from their head and only think about getting on the skateboard. People do not care if they are zombie and will probably only stab people if they appear in front of them.

Some players will think that the map is very zombie sided because almost every round, only around 5-10 humans survive, but in fact, it's very human sided. Only reason why there are so little human survivors is because of the extremely small size of the heli. Each heli stop, people who try to jump in the heli will probably just fall out and get stabbed by a zombie which is why so little humans survive. :mad:

Z3r0 M4ni4c
1 Nov 2008, 05:13pm
i know it's still beatable, it's just quite heard when there's about 3 of you left and 30 odd zombies jump off the cliff at u :001_tongue:

well thats the fun and exitement of the game.
Can you beat 30 zombies in escaping or not ? :001_tongue:

I love it when winning a round with only 1 human left or 5.
When 30 humans win you know its just a way too easy map and almost no exitement.

And thats what you need in maps: Exitement and fun.

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Nov 2008, 06:34pm
Ye, I agree, Malvini's will also be removed.

So the only 2 maps from the original list remaining are panic and escape_extended, the latter of which I expect to remove soon.

Mammal
2 Nov 2008, 05:50am
Wasteland is amazing though, I love playing it, icecave always has epic moments...

Eversmen
2 Nov 2008, 11:44am
I believe you should remove all of those maps except for ATIX_Panic and Paradise.

Jose
2 Nov 2008, 01:36pm
KEEP : :
Boat_escape 5 remix - Personally i lofve this map, even though it would be great if this map got something added to it
Canal escape - good map but way too long, needs a little shortening
atx panic - great map
escape bridge - personal favorite, but not sure if its good for this server
paradise - good map but needs some editing , and i lag in the beggining lol

Remove
Boat escape 6 - dull boring needs somethiong to be added to it
dust escape- one sided
waste land - epic fail??
ice cave -- no team work so no one ever wins this map
malvinas heli - secret glitch room not so secret anymore
crisscross - FAIL! enough said
City -- zombie sided when theres no team work

Repus
2 Nov 2008, 09:44pm
atix_panic was my favourite map sometime but now ppl just go those 2 spots that zombies have no chance get to: nxt to ct spawn and that 2 holes at top. They just camp there till time runs out.

Jaffa
3 Nov 2008, 04:29am
repus, its really easy to get them there :P

if they camp there beyond the heli leaving, just knock down the door, or drop on the windows from above

jigglebelljr
23 Nov 2008, 11:19am
Atix Panic is a really good server it is my favrite but i think it is a little bit cheap when if you double stack you can be on ther chenckpoint some peope get to chooper spot befor they are sopposed 2 but i really love the nap thanks

Determined2Win
23 Nov 2008, 01:58pm
Atix Panic is a really good server it is my favrite but i think it is a little bit cheap when if you double stack you can be on ther chenckpoint some peope get to chooper spot befor they are sopposed 2 but i really love the nap thanks

Atix_Panic is a map, not a server. And the rest is just gibberish to me.

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

Bullet Wound
25 Nov 2008, 09:30pm
Alright unfortunately i can only comment about the boat escape maps seeing as i don't play the server a whole lot, but i say keep echo and remove both 5 and 6.

Mainly cause:

A: Vehicles driven by man fail, end of story, people are morons don't trust them to operate heavy machinery

B: The god damn pods are so fucken useless, you always get teamkillers, people who explode the map early, or whats even worse is when you have asshole cts who just camp in there fucken pods (or heli in some cases) for the rest of the damn map while everyone else is forced to sit and wait for them

C: Echo is the only one thats any fun (and if im think about it correctly), the teleporter takes longer to get into, giving people who aren't on the heli-copter a chance to live

So yea...as for the other maps i would have to play them more to get an answer for them.

Keep:
ECHO boat escape

Remove
Boat escape 5 and 6

Z3r0 M4ni4c
26 Nov 2008, 02:58am
But as jaffa said on page 2.
Keep ze_paradise.
Just ask the maker if he can fix some stuff.
Its really great :wink:

Forester155
28 Nov 2008, 11:12am
I used to play on my friends account, and i need to understand something. i played on lots of different boat escape maps, but which one was the one that had the helicopter at the end that was automaticly piloted and was really huge with a big back compartment and 2 boats that came, and the water killed anything, and the island was just a helipad and 2 docks? was that 5 or 6? because whichever one that one is, that one should stay and the other one should go, because it had pods and stuff, and those were just annoying to fly and annoying to get to, everyone who didnt get in a pod always got zombified if they tried, and it just made everything harder. so yeah. but other than that, i remember playing a few of those maps, and i didnt like them.
Also, keep atix panic! i played on that one alot, and i liked it! it was really great, and it was the only one that had a proper style of zombie theme (baracade and escape).

MoreThanAPumpkinEater
8 Dec 2008, 03:44am
Personally i like most of the maps up there. I havent played some of them but the one i really dislike is dust escape. Either the zombie dies early or humans lose. I have never seen anything in between this.

Mammal
8 Dec 2008, 10:12am
OLD BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Zargotelc
10 Dec 2008, 04:07pm
Remove

BoatEscape6 - 5 is better
Dust Escape V1 - almost never played , and is basically a straight line to the bunker.
Canal Escape - too big and too bland. If you don't make the ships (and likelihood is you won't) you're forced to run around a long and arduous cliff route to the final bunker. Map has no interest.
Arctic Escape - same as Canal. If you don't get on the boats you're forced to go the long route. During this route you likely get zombified and end up at the end trying to get into that tower the humans somehow have already barricaded themselves in. Have Zombies ever won this map?
Wasteland - hasn't been played in months. :ohwell:
Malvinas_heli - not even an escape map , more of a napalm map. Camp the apartments , cade with machines , wait for zombies.

Keep

Panic - good map

*Queen VenomousFate*
11 Dec 2008, 09:32pm
Thank you everyone for your input and support of the Zombie Escape Servers!

Unfortunatly, everytime I have tried to get around to this issue somethig has come up (October - Family Emergency)(Thanksgiving - Illness)

However, I do intend to finish this the day before Christmas!!! I am UBER-busy over the next week or so, but after that I will have gobs of extra time to complete this large project.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING PATIENT WITH THIS PROJECT, I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN!!!

Please continue to post your opinion, because after December 23 it will be irrelevant!

Paul
12 Dec 2008, 03:59am
Definalty remove zm_ATIX_panic_b3, people can boost over the walls and get to the choppa part before you can physically get there.

Jaffa
12 Dec 2008, 05:13am
atix_panic is one of the more popular maps on the server, i'd say it would be a mistake to remove it and leave maps such as malvinas, wasteland, canal and dust

Metal
12 Dec 2008, 05:43am
Paul, it really is no big deal to boost, I have been boost as a zombie up there and won the round.

Svendy
12 Dec 2008, 07:30am
my support for removal with total agreement with fate:
ze_echo_snowescape_v3b
ze_dust_escape_v1
ze_canal_escape
zm_escape_bridge_v1d
ze_icecave_escape_v2
ze_city_b3

neutral:
ze_wasteland_escape [pros: requires teamwork. cons: if there's no teamwork its almost totaly fail]
ze_paradise_v1 [pros: good escape map. cons: fps issues]

my support for keeping:
ze_crisscross_v2_r3 [pros: requires teamwork]
zm_boatescape5_remix [i like this version better]

chaoslee12
13 Dec 2008, 03:19pm
NOOOOOOOOOO DONT REMOVE PANIC OR ECHO BOAT ESCAPE
I am the Escape god I dont wanna have those maps removed they are great to play and a lot for fun.
Every other map on the list should go PLUS EXTINCTION IT IS A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE MAP and it is the worst teamkilling map ever. the helicopter runs there team over the nuke kills everyone and half the cts even when there on top of the pyrimid the dont know and 1 guy screws them over.

imkrazie
15 Dec 2008, 11:51am
Keep

ze_canal_escape - while the run there is pretty boring, things heat up quickly at the end.

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - great map that combines napalm and escape nicely.

ze_echo_boatescape_extended - good variation to boat 5

ze_paradise_v1 - nice open map and it's fun to play even if you don't get to the end.

ze_crisscross_v2_r3 - I like this map, but I don't think it's even on Escape II (it needs to be).

Delete

zm_boatescape6_remix - bland colors = boring map

ze_echo_snowescape_v3b - once the zombies get to the end its over...

ze_dust_escape_v1 - too much teamkilling in the bunker by shooting those boxes into people.

ze_wasteland_escape - Out of playing this map 40+ times, have only won 2 rounds.

zm_escape_bridge_v1d - an okay map but one way or another zombies get into the final spot and win.

ze_icecave_escape_v2 - impossible to hold off the boats / trolley.

zm_malvinas_heli_v2 - extremely boring map with nothing to do, seems like a bad remake of atix_heli

ze_city_b3 - nothing to really slow the zombie horde down with.

Loganator456
15 Dec 2008, 07:22pm
KEEP:

-zm_arctic_escape

I love that map! :happy:

That is all.

jigglebelljr
16 Dec 2008, 02:21pm
Keep
zm_ATIX_panic_b3 it is my second faverite map many people enjoy it and in my opinoin it is really fun to play except for you can jump to the excape point if you are smart and know how to jump on other people which is the only reason it is not fair.
ze_dust_escape_v1 i think we should keep it because it is really fun for humans to get to the safe zone I also think it is unfair to zombies because it is really hard to get to the base because you have to go through a box to get to the base so it not my opinoin but I think we should keep it.
Remove
i am just saying 1 map to remove
ze_city_b3
I have to agree i played it once and i could't find out where to go the map is big and i only found out when a person showed me after an half an hour and also nobody plays the map

I hope you take in consideration my ideas thankyou for your time and i hope you choose well if I had more time i would write more so sorry thankyou

R3D
19 Dec 2008, 11:20pm
i support ze_echo_boatescape_extended and zm_ATIX_panic_b3 they good maps to play and all the others should be remove.

*Queen VenomousFate*
28 Dec 2008, 05:06pm
this is the maplist as it stands right now.

ze_sst_b2_1
zm_ATIX_helicopter
zm_boatescape5_remix
zm_arctic_escape_v1
zm_island_escape_beta_9
zm_ATIX_extinction_lastbeta
ze_xpg_escapebeta3sgedit
ze_jurassicpark_v2
ze_elevator_escape_v4
ze_blackmesa_escape_final
ze_space_stationzz
ze_cp_escape_b3_extended
ze_thelostworld_v1
zm_jet_escape_final
ze_IamLegend_b2
ze_licciana_escape_zm
ze_rooftop_runaway1_v4
zm_nostromo_escape_beta_9
ze_sorrento_escape_v5
ze_thelostworld_redux
ze_omega_b3
ze_italy_town_v2
ze_titanic_escape_v2_2
ze_poon_streetescape_b4
ze_rooftop_runaway_extended_v6
ze_umbrella_hq_b8
ze_sewer_escape_v2
ze_nik_CV_island_v3

MasterkennyG
28 Dec 2008, 07:40pm
woops that was after christmas

sad face

Repus
28 Dec 2008, 07:44pm
Delete umbrella everyone tk's and humans can win only if zombies get lost.

and you deleted best map :c echo_boatescape ftw!

True Twinkie
28 Dec 2008, 07:47pm
Delete umbrella everyone tk's and humans can win only if zombies get lost.

and you deleted best map :c echo_boatescape ftw!

:clap:

Troy
28 Dec 2008, 08:12pm
Echo boatescape.. Why...that map of awesomeness :ohwell:. Aint that right Twinkie.

Troy
28 Dec 2008, 08:17pm
The new maps added aren't working and poon_streetescape isn't on the map list.

*Queen VenomousFate*
28 Dec 2008, 11:10pm
I appologize, the reason the new maps arent working is because i never put them on fast downloads!!!

Phoenix
29 Dec 2008, 11:36am
this is the maplist as it stands right now.

zm_boatescape5_remix
zm_ATIX_extinction_lastbeta
ze_space_stationzz
ze_cp_escape_b3_extended
ze_thelostworld_v1
ze_rooftop_runaway1_v4
ze_thelostworld_redux
ze_italy_town_v2
ze_rooftop_runaway_extended_v6

any chance of atleast having some of these maps removed and putting back on atix_panic, echo_boatescape and spacestationflee please? you have taken off some of the really good maps and left on the crappier versions that generally turn into a tk-fest on boatescape5 and extinction for example :angry:

Daze
29 Dec 2008, 11:41am
why was Atix_panic removed? it's a popular map?

*Queen VenomousFate*
29 Dec 2008, 01:08pm
I'm closing this thread guys, if you have any maps you want added or removed, please make a post about it. It allows me to easily figure out what needs to be done.

i will look into atix_panic and echo_boatescape, but make a thread about them please and it will have a better chance.