PDA

View Full Version : New Rule Submission re: Admin Applications

LegalSmash
26 Oct 2008, 08:00am
Hello all:

Over the past 2-3 months I've been reading up on a lot of the admin applications that are rejected. More often than not, the individual either has too short a time on vent, too short a time on forums, not enough posts, or have been banned recently/previously for whatever amount of time for some sort of ignorance.

Garfield, in his non-message-spamming wisdom put forth this idea on "ninja naruto admin app" a rejected app in the buy admin section:

Originally Posted by GarfieldH
Are you serious?

For one, you've just had a ban rejected, and I'm sick of all these people applying for admin, and they only get to know people for 1 day.

I think we should make it you have to be registered on the forums and active for a minimum of 2 months before applying.

In the interest of streamlining application processes for admin, reducing fraudulent, or weeding out individual applications which will be obviously rejected.

I submit garfield's suggestion as the basis for a new rule regarding administrative applications. I request that the BOD/AO/SA really give this addition some thought, as it may reduce some of the more annoying "Can I HAZ ADMIN GAIS" by people with random racism and spamming bans.

GrayFox
26 Oct 2008, 08:08am
Also can we check up on their post count, to make sure all the posts aren't in one thread and spread out accordingly.

barackobama
26 Oct 2008, 08:16am
I'm glad my suggestion is being noticed :)

andre1028
26 Oct 2008, 08:32am
I think becoming a support before becoming admin is better.
Below is GarfieldH's take on this.

K3S3aw0ZaOo

Chêvouÿx
26 Oct 2008, 11:47am
ooh, I see how it is. My topic (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10821) is ignored, eh? :001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

Anyways, yes!

Maybe make admin requirements this (just a suggestion):

20 non-spamming posts
On forums for 2 months minimum
(alternative for forum membership length) SG Supporter for 1 month minimum
75-80% of people who reply to the App are in support of the applicant