PDA

View Full Version : Voteban feature removal

airassault
20 Oct 2008, 07:02pm
Ok their is so many people being votebanned for a dumb reason-people gettign votebanned no reason- and i jsut got votebanned and i was on the jail break server for like 4 minutes i had 2 kills cuz guys had guns and they said i freekilled and yeah so i am here trying to ask u guys to plz take out the voteban feature it is annoying and also a hassle with many players comign in and posting of voteban appeals and their is nothign u can do u besides this REMOVE THE VOTEBAN FEATURE and insteand players can get an admin or have admins on more or something because voteban is a hassle and is so annoying if u take voteban off u get:thumbup1: if not u get:thumbdown:

Just think most people that get votebanned werent votebanned right reason adn shouldnt be votebanned at all So plz take off voteban it would help alot i hope i can get the support of alot of admins-sg regs-sg sups and most importantly the community i would like what is right for the community and this would probably be it!

Thank you,
Airassault

Kung Fu Panda
20 Oct 2008, 07:30pm
I have seen voteban abused so many times and agree something needs to change.....just not sure what.:huh:

Hiphopopotomus
20 Oct 2008, 07:35pm
Like 30 seconds ago for me they votebanned me on piratewars.

SATAN
20 Oct 2008, 08:33pm
I agree that its kinda annoying, but how do you get votebanned... if you see the votes needed gets to like 2 just leave...

Justice...
21 Oct 2008, 03:22am
you CANT remove voteban on prison break! it will be a lot of freekillers all the time, and we cant have an admin on the server 24/7. So voteban must stay! I know it can be abused, but if so, come back in 2 hours.

trakaill
21 Oct 2008, 08:24am
how about reducing the length, there must be a way to play around with mani ben length..right.. If its possible I say 30 minutes would be good since its so easy to get votebanned. On another note airassault gets abused a lot with that. When Im in there he kills one person and everyone jumps on the voteban banwagon cause they dont like his voice or they just know him and they have been doing that for a while :/... So I see where he's coming from.. I dont really know what to do.. cause voteban MUST stay on that server!!

SilentGuns
21 Oct 2008, 09:32am
No need to remove the voteban system or the prison break server but I don't see why we need it on minigames.

BOOWY
21 Oct 2008, 09:46am
Voteban is needed on every server. Admins can't be and aren't around 24/7. It's a double edged sword, it's easier to get rid of people on smaller servers but some people don't deserve the votebans they get.

Generally if you don't want to get votebanned, play the way other people are playing. If no one is shooting at lifeboats, then don't do it. If people are, then feel free. If people want you to shut the fuck up, then lay off the mic.

People are thick headded too. Yesterday I saw two people stuck together on the ramp in that ring map on the MiniGames server. One of them was telling the other to kill themselves and shit. Does it ever occur to people that they could be the ones the move over or kill themselves? We ended up votebanning the guy because he was blocking the rest of the team. He could've typed kill or retry in the console. I didn't type in my voteban just for the blocking, this guy had been talking and talking and talking. Two halves make a whole I guess.

On the PrisonBreak server things get a bit more complicated. It's a touchy server in general, and it doesn't help that someone with a mic can lead 4 or 5 sheep into doing whatever they want at any given time, which is at least almost half the number of votebans you need usually.

In general voteban does more good than damage, and it's unfortunate when people get votebanned wrongly.

Henrik
21 Oct 2008, 10:03am
if voteban is removed there will be more teamkillers and idiots on servers

SilentGuns
21 Oct 2008, 10:47am
Ur right but there is no easy solution to this problem. If the voteban system wont be removed then people will continue abusing it but if it is removed then there will be more freekillers , teamkillers and other bastards.

Iv almost gotten banned from prison break once for no reason. Some guy just told everyone i shot him for no reason ( he lied) and told everyone to voteban me but my luck was that they were 2 votes short.
The main problem is that the people are so stupid that they voteban someone if their told to and don't confirm if someone has really committed a offence.

airassault
21 Oct 2008, 11:06am
i agree alot of all of you especcially with traikil he has seen me get voteabnned lots of times and i had 1 kill and i got votebanned but anyways i just think instead of having sg community beign pissed of for gettign votebanned for no reason then we sohuld atleast lower it or take it off MG
and admins should like kick voteban abusers mayby even 30 min bans cuz it gets annoying but thank you guys so much for agreeing with me and lookign at my post im very glad that i have alot of supporters we just need to talk to haggard about it some of u admins

Mammal
21 Oct 2008, 11:22am
I agree that its kinda annoying, but how do you get votebanned... if you see the votes needed gets to like 2 just leave...

You get banned for leaving if there are 2 or less votes required I think.

Justice...
21 Oct 2008, 05:50pm
Silent_guns;112046']Ur right but there is no easy solution to this problem. If the voteban system wont be removed then people will continue abusing it but if it is removed then there will be more freekillers , teamkillers and other bastards.

Iv almost gotten banned from prison break once for no reason. Some guy just told everyone i shot him for no reason ( he lied) and told everyone to voteban me but my luck was that they were 2 votes short.
The main problem is that the people are so stupid that they voteban someone if their told to and don't confirm if someone has really committed a offence.

Yea i know how it feels like :P Ive been votebanned for changing song at alcatraz :/ Stupid, but thats life.

airassault
21 Oct 2008, 06:47pm
Yea i know how it feels like :P Ive been votebanned for changing song at alcatraz :/ Stupid, but thats life.

life is full of inconceterant bastards that have no life :D

LitKey
21 Oct 2008, 11:11pm
life is full of inconceterant bastards that have no life :D

what the fuck you just say

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2008, 11:31pm
I think he means inconsiderate? Maybe?

That is the closest thing I can come up with, but if that's the case, goddamn use spell check.

jeN
22 Oct 2008, 12:47am
Voteban is essential on the servers as admins aren't always around to deal with legit rule breakers. Sure, sometimes people do get innocently votebanned, but they're only votebanned from that server and free to play the others. I think the pros of having voteban greatly outweigh the cons, so I'm going to have to say thanks for the idea but it really isn't plausible.

Voteban also isn't enabled on all the servers, just those that really do need it.

Locked to prevent further spam.