PDA

View Full Version : Zombies...TOO LITTLE HP!

Lux
20 Oct 2008, 02:01pm
I really don't like this 2 spawning zombie idea, because the zombies now have far too little hp. Sometimes I find myself dieing in 3 seconds of being a zombie, and zombies lose most of the time.

andre1028
20 Oct 2008, 02:04pm
I really don't like this 2 spawning zombie idea, because the zombies now have far too little hp. Sometimes I find myself dieing in 3 seconds of being a zombie, and zombies lose most of the time.

Agreed. One time it just took me a whole clip of a p90 to kill a zombie. Before it took about three clips.

Frostbyte
20 Oct 2008, 02:26pm
I burst a clarion, takes it out in 1-2 clips.

Astrum
20 Oct 2008, 04:05pm
Last I checked Escape I had one zombie spawn with a lot of HP, Escape 2 had two zombies spawn with less HP. So you can play whichever style you like more =).

Crimson
20 Oct 2008, 04:23pm
Escape 2 has really low zombie health.

Repus
20 Oct 2008, 05:59pm
1 zombie and high hp works on escape 1 so put same thing on escape 2 too.

Astrum
21 Oct 2008, 09:13pm
Escape 2 has really low zombie health.

Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department.

1 zombie and high hp works on escape 1 so put same thing on escape 2 too.

That's how Escape II used to be. Then it was decided it'd be fun to have two zombies spawn, however, it was nearly impossible to win when both of these zombies had the same health as the initial zombie on Escape I. So Escape II got two zombies with less health, and Escape I has one with a lot of health.

This creates a bit of variety in the servers, which I think is better than two cloned servers.

GOD
22 Oct 2008, 04:15pm

i third that.

also, about the variety argument i join which ever server isnt full or has a map i like more. i would like them to be the same and have zombies with more hp.

also, the original zombie isnt the only one with lower hp, all zombies have lower hp.

Longwave
22 Oct 2008, 05:16pm
i think that the zombie should be left as is. they have over 2000 hp. aint that planty? greedy people.... just kidding. the escape2 zoms have less hp. UNFAIR! please change to match escape 1. thanks

Mindris
26 Dec 2008, 08:47pm
Just pretend I said the same exact thing as below, but change "third" to "fourth" or something less lame.

i third that.

also, about the variety argument i join which ever server isnt full or has a map i like more. i would like them to be the same and have zombies with more hp.

also, the original zombie isnt the only one with lower hp, all zombies have lower hp.

Troy
26 Dec 2008, 11:06pm
Escape I was made to have stronger zombies to kill. Escape 2 The first spawning zombies get 6000 hp. Then the rest get 1500. It wouldnt be as fun to have two of the same servers with same zombie health. Adds more fun to playing on ZombieMurder escape servers.:bigsmile:

Shadowex3
27 Dec 2008, 05:19am
Dude I almost broke 80pts on escape ONE earlier BY MYSELF just by actively hunting down and killing zombies.

The whole point of Zombie escape is ESCAPING and anyone who's ever played on SST knows that the entire idea of running away from the zombies is laughable when you're just as fast as they are (SMG is almost impossible to catch at 250 units per second, scout at 260 units per second outruns a zombie) and you can shoot them to not only knock them back but also slow their movement speed AND you can set them on fire to basically freeze them in place AND they die in 1 p90 clip on either server. Escape 1 used to have MUCH stronger zombies and it was a damn lot more fun when I was actually finding myself praying that I hadn't been spotted rather than largely considering them cannon fodder. Escape 2's just pathetic since usually the zombies either win outright in the first 30 seconds or it's just a drawn out slaughter of them (barring someone failnading).

Give the Escape1 zombies something like 15K HP and before you say that's too much remember that a single AK47 will do 4300 damage with one mag and ONE dude with a Para can do 12,700 damage.The server holds FOURTY people, if only 10 of them have AKs and land only half of all their shots (they have bad aim) that's still 21,000 damage. If you leave knockback where it is people will still be able to completely pin zombies against walls and cielings but they'll need to decide whether they want to seriously commit to killing a zombie or realise that the server's called ESCAPE for a reason and they'd better run because all they accomplished was pissing him off.

Escape 2's even more ridiculous in terms of balance, but at least that's an easy fix. Just crank up the health regeneration so much that if you don't kill a zombie he'll be back with a full 1.5K health in... say... 5 seconds. And don't bitch about THAT being excessive because 1.5K health is low enough that one dude with a deagle can knock a zombie down to about 15 health.

Henrik
27 Dec 2008, 05:53am
i agree zombies have to low hp

Paul
27 Dec 2008, 06:16am
Lil' Escape needs moer knockback.

Shadowex3
28 Dec 2008, 04:25am
Lil' Escape needs moer knockback.

An SMG can already keep a zombie pinned on the CIELING, plz tell me this was sarcasm.

Jaffa
28 Dec 2008, 04:54am
I agree, now it seems to be that people go to escape II just so they can kill zombies easily. If you go check the rankings for each sever, most have kdrs of 2-3, which might be fine for a napalm server, but humans getting so many kills on escape? Defailue has a kdr of 10 last time i checked! And that is on Escape I...

I'd like to see hp go up on both servers, as suggested above, or we change escape II to have a different theme. Having two zombies spawn, with less hp, doesn't really have much noticeable effect, unless its a map like spacestation or elevator escape, which means humans are generally screwed at the start of the round.

Shadowex3
28 Dec 2008, 08:49am
Actually I don't think two zombies really makes a difference at all because of how extremely rare it is for a zombie to spawn out of knife range of anyone, so the instant he spawns he usually gets 2-3 people regardless. Comparing the average zombie population on either server I usually see about the same or less zombies on escape2 than I do on escape1.

I think the rankings are the real problem here. If you kill a zombie you get 5 points, if you zombify a human you (sometimes?) get 1 point. Thus while people who aren't just in it for the rankings would have no problem seeing the zombie health go up even to a hilariously impossible to kill level as long as the knockback is the same just about any poll will be heavily in favor of lowering the health even further (even on escape 2) and allowing the para and autosnipers.

Think about it. The servers still regularly had maxed out populations even when escape 1 had zombie health so high it took ~3 people with paras to kill a zombie (2 if they took a lot of damage from map objects). It's not damage that makes the server easy or hard, it's knockback. Leave knockback as it is and give zombies buckets of health and the only gameplay difference will be that humans need to actually hold off zombies instead of thinning them down to 2-3 left alive and then hunting them.

I mean ffs, look at helicopter and tell me you don't think that map was designed with zombies that had 15-20K HP in mind.