PDA

View Full Version : DONT SEE MAX PAYNE!

Frostbyte
18 Oct 2008, 04:03pm
I want my eight dollars back. That MOVIE HAD ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME, and on top of that, it sucked. Almost everyone who pulled the trigger either was aiming at the wall, on acid, or felt like wasting bullets.
Max took a shotgun directly to the face, and proceeded to shoot the guy responsible. There are these really stupid flashbacks at important scenes, and somehow, demons came into play, its really fucking stupid, dont go see it, use the 8 dollars for some quiznos or something.

EDIT: This movie fucking ruined my friday night.

Italian Jew
18 Oct 2008, 04:10pm
Should I feel smart for figuring all that out from the trailers?

I really don't get how they can fuck up Max Payne. The story is already there in the game, so why mess with it? Why add all this retarded shit that had nothing to do with the game in it? Did the producer/directors/actors even play the game?

Am I going to stop asking questions?

Red
18 Oct 2008, 04:19pm
So I shouldn't go see it?

AppleShark
18 Oct 2008, 04:40pm
It's your own fault that you were disappointed. How could you have expected it to be good unless you knew nothing about it in the first place. And if that was the case, why would you build it up so much? It was obvious from the trailers this was never going to be anything more than passable, if not apalling.

Chairman Wesker™
18 Oct 2008, 06:01pm
lolz.i really wanted to see it too!oh well.

Wrathek
19 Oct 2008, 04:10am
i saw it, and i personally liked it, here's why:

1. I was so glad the movie had nothing to do with the video game. Personally, i think trying to make a copy of a video game's story into a movie is what has made every video game movie bad so far. What works as a story built up over hours and hours of gameplay does not work in 2 hours of movie time.

2.I can see how bad aiming or w/e you're saying might upset you, but personally i didnt go to the movie to see accurate depictions of how people would shoot, and remember, everyone in the movie was on drugs anyway.

3.The shotgun seemed to be more at his leg, you can see the bullet holes later on, but regardless of that, again, its a movie, and also he was higher than a kite

4.the part where you said demons made me wonder if you even understood the movie at all. I figured it out from when i even saw the trailers that these "demons" you speak of are just a representation of the drug. This part actually could have had more to do with the game's story than anything else.. in the game you knew that they had hallucinations, but you never saw one or heard what they saw.

in conclusion, if you like video game movies because of how faithful they are to the original story, well.. listen to frosty. if you go to video game movies hoping one of them these days will be good, and you don't define good as how much it compares to the game, well, give it a shot, in comparison to all other video game movies so far, its easily the best one.

Frostbyte
19 Oct 2008, 09:40am
Yeah, I thought it was just in a million diffrent places at once.

SOLANUM
19 Oct 2008, 10:38am
From what I could tell from the trailers, they made up a story line themselves and named the main character Max Payne.

Dont plan on seeing it.

Shower Fart
19 Oct 2008, 11:29am
i was going to go see it with my freind thx for saving me some money

Thefreshprince
4 Nov 2008, 06:48pm
of course it wasn't the same as max payne..why would you want to see the movie when you would already know the story if you played the game? atleast they tryed to change it up a bit and keep it fresh for the gamers and people who don't play games