18 Oct 2008, 03:55am
don't miss out like I did on the last sale d-day weekend

Tcp-Kill
18 Oct 2008, 04:53am
sweet, i'm buying this.

edit: installing nao.

tinkerbell
18 Oct 2008, 05:23am
:thumbdown: i bough the game last week at full price.

Zero001
18 Oct 2008, 06:13am
Although I don't think this game is so great... for $5 I'm in.

Modgers1
18 Oct 2008, 07:41am
Great! I bought it two weeks ago! Suckers!!! I GOT IT FOR 20! :thumbup:

-Modgers

Red
18 Oct 2008, 09:10am
Although I don't think this game is so great... for $5 I'm in.

same

Crimson
18 Oct 2008, 09:43am
So, Whos buying it for me?

StrykerSwat
18 Oct 2008, 10:35am
someone buy me Red Orchestra :D so my brother can buy me a new PC,if he can or is :D

i relly want that game badly

Robfal
18 Oct 2008, 10:38am
DAMN!!!! I was gonna buy it but I JUST preordered FarCry2 and my credit card is just about maxed out. NOOOOOO. Oh well. Ill live.

Justice...
18 Oct 2008, 11:47am
DAMN!!!! I was gonna buy it but I JUST preordered FarCry2 and my credit card is just about maxed out. NOOOOOO. Oh well. Ill live.

lol buy a game then your broke :glare:
Good job.

Robfal
18 Oct 2008, 12:26pm
lol buy a game then your broke :glare:
Good job.

Its called college, you see, when your in an institution of higher learning there are expenses one must go through. They include: books, supplies, tuition. Unlike you mommy doesn't pay my bills.

Daze
18 Oct 2008, 01:41pm
get a weekend job Queef :-P

Robfal
18 Oct 2008, 02:40pm
get a weekend job Queef :-P

SHHHHH

I have already.. its you know... CONFIDENTIAL

Cranks
19 Oct 2008, 11:31am
£2.50?

Nice installing.

Daze
19 Oct 2008, 12:04pm
dont forget that $0.87 tax!

btw what is Mare Nostrum?

LegalSmash
19 Oct 2008, 07:27pm
Red gave me a guest pass. This game is not my thing, its not worth 5 to me, even if the regular price is 400. While I thought of buying it for the same reasons, it would be like buying a one legged prostitute because she's cheap.

jeN
19 Oct 2008, 11:37pm
I hate this game.

LegalSmash
19 Oct 2008, 11:51pm
I hate this game.

We should start a "We hate red orchestra" group.

Tcp-Kill
20 Oct 2008, 12:56am
wtf you talking about!

The game is aweshum.

Seriously, it's fun but it's like marmite.

Love it or Hate it.

Astrum
20 Oct 2008, 04:16am
We should start a "We hate red orchestra" group.

I should start a "We hate people who hate red orchestra" group. Or a "We hate people who are colorblind" group =P.

Paul
20 Oct 2008, 04:46am
While I thought of buying it for the same reasons, it would be like buying a one legged prostitute because she's cheap.

I lol'd, thats some funny shit legal :rlol:

LitKey
20 Oct 2008, 05:05am
I hate this game.

;_;

LegalSmash
20 Oct 2008, 08:45am
I should start a "We hate people who hate red orchestra" group. Or a "We hate people who are colorblind" group =P.

http://www.macmothership.com/gallery/newads7/1976apple1.jpg

Red
20 Oct 2008, 09:17am
I want my five dollars back

LegalSmash
12 Nov 2008, 06:14pm
I want my five dollars back

I would not have paid anything for this steaming piece of shit game. I think fisting a donkey is more fun than this.

LitKey
12 Nov 2008, 06:22pm
I would not have paid anything for this steaming piece of shit game. I think fisting a donkey is more fun than this.

If only you would stop being color blind... =(

LegalSmash
12 Nov 2008, 06:50pm
If only you would stop being color blind... =(

STOP MAKIN FUN O' MY DISABILITY!

PotshotPolka
13 Nov 2008, 07:44am
STOP MAKIN FUN O' MY DISABILITY!

Doesn't matter if you're colorblind or not in that game... both armies look the same, and every bullet fired misses anyways, bayonet charges would be more effective.

I've seen mods (which this game is) more attractive than this pile of... christ what's a good expletive to describe this?

Astrum
13 Nov 2008, 01:53pm
Doesn't matter if you're colorblind or not in that game... both armies look the same, and every bullet fired misses anyways, bayonet charges would be more effective.

I've seen mods (which this game is) more attractive than this pile of... christ what's a good expletive to describe this?

It's a good thing you don't want to be a pilot when you grow up because you sir are color blind. Yellow is not the same color as dark green, similarly white is about as far from dark green as you can get.

Also, it's a good thing you're not going into the armed forced. I know in CS:S and similar games you shoot from the hip, but in real life people actually use those metal bits on the top of the gun. I think they even have a name... If only I could remember what they're called...

Lastly I'm glad you're not going into game development. A mod, short for modification, requires another game to play. The original Counter-Strike was a mod until ValvE bought them. It required Half-Life to play. Red Orchestra used to be a mod as well, based on the UT2 engine. It is now a stand alone product, in much the same way Counter-Strike: Source is. Neither of these are mods.

I don't mind if you don't like that much realism, some people like it, others don't. However, if you continue with the retarded comments I'm going to have to explain these overly simple concepts on a level that you can understand, a children's book.

LegalSmash
13 Nov 2008, 02:47pm
It's a good thing you don't want to be a pilot when you grow up because you sir are color blind. Yellow is not the same color as dark green, similarly white is about as far from dark green as you can get.

Also, it's a good thing you're not going into the armed forced. I know in CS:S and similar games you shoot from the hip, but in real life people actually use those metal bits on the top of the gun. I think they even have a name... If only I could remember what they're called...

Lastly I'm glad you're not going into game development. A mod, short for modification, requires another game to play. The original Counter-Strike was a mod until ValvE bought them. It required Half-Life to play. Red Orchestra used to be a mod as well, based on the UT2 engine. It is now a stand alone product, in much the same way Counter-Strike: Source is. Neither of these are mods.

I don't mind if you don't like that much realism, some people like it, others don't. However, if you continue with the retarded comments I'm going to have to explain these overly simple concepts on a level that you can understand, a children's book.

Im not that badly colorblind, first, I cant be a pilot but I qualify for combat duty, i know that from being ROTC in college.

As for the game, dude these are opinions, on a forum. We (many of us that bought it) think the game sucks, and others (like me) that were fortunate enough not to have lost the value of a few steak soft tacos thanks to guest pass, also think is was pretty AIDs. Thats all man.

PotshotPolka
13 Nov 2008, 04:27pm

Guess someone actually does like this game huh :001_rolleyes:

You know Astrum, I understand all these concepts, but to be honest, realism just doesn't go well with videogames. I'd say the game that did it best was AA, but I never really got into it. As far as being a bad pilot, soldier, or videogame developer goes that's a bit harsh for giving my two cents on a $5 game, don't you think?

Astrum
13 Nov 2008, 05:35pm
Im not that badly colorblind, first, I cant be a pilot but I qualify for combat duty, i know that from being ROTC in college.

As for the game, dude these are opinions, on a forum. We (many of us that bought it) think the game sucks, and others (like me) that were fortunate enough not to have lost the value of a few steak soft tacos thanks to guest pass, also think is was pretty AIDs. Thats all man.

If you are partially color blind then that's fine. I'm not insulting you. You actually have an excuse. I'm just tired of people saying they don't like the game with snide remarks. Then all of a sudden I shoot back with my own snide comments and I'm the bad guy? It doesn't work like that. We know you guys don't like the game, we know why, we don't need to tread old ground any more.

Guess someone actually does like this game huh :001_rolleyes:

You know Astrum, I understand all these concepts, but to be honest, realism just doesn't go well with videogames. I'd say the game that did it best was AA, but I never really got into it. As far as being a bad pilot, soldier, or videogame developer goes that's a bit harsh for giving my two cents on a $5 game, don't you think?

A lot of people like it, we're just not as vocal as those who don't. If you don't like realism then fine, that's a personal preference. Personally I like the gritty realism of Red Orchestra. Rather than most WW2 games where you're some 1940s Rambo God who just runs around shooting in random directions while everything around you falls dead. I like the fact that you're a simple infantry unit whose life is almost meaningless in the grand scheme of things, it puts a better perspective on the vast, brutal nature of war than other WW2 games. I like the fact that there are no health packs, that you actually have to aim your damn gun, that if you get shot you're probably going to die, and most of all that you have to think before you fire your gun. If you don't like this, fine, I do. There's no need to bring it up again.

With regards to you being a bad pilot, soldier, and developer... Well if you're not color blinded, partially or wholly, then you have no excuse for complaining about the uniform colors. If you run around mowing down everything you see then perhaps Unreal/Quake is a better game for you. Team killing happens, that's just how the game works. As long as you're not running around killing absolutely everything without discretion then people will forgive your TKs.

If you can't hit anything then you're not using the iron sights which are amazingly accurate at the weapons nominal range, more so than weapon in real life. Beyond that you have to take into account bullet drop. Having said that I can still top the scoreboards with a simple bolt action rifle, so obviously you can aim with them. Spray and pray doesn't work in this game, oh well, time to aim.

Furthermore you called this game a mod. This is no more of a mod than TF2, CS:S, DoD:S, etc... In fact if Red Orchestra is a mod then so is the original Half-Life as it was based heavily off of the first two Quake engines. Also, the game isn't $5, it's $20, you just bought it when it was on sale.