PDA

View Full Version : GunGame Nights

Daze
16 Oct 2008, 07:23am
Introducing.... *Drum Roll*

GunGame night's hosted every Thursday starting at 11PM GMT / Eastern Time 6PM

tonight will be a test run, I expect most of the Regs/SA's to help out and support the weekly event.

The Reason:

Everyone loves to play GunGame and we have an excellent 24 man server that's just wasting away. that's why were starting this, to bring it back to life and keep it populated. for good.

After speaking with many regular GGW's (GunGame Whores) the reason why they don't play much on our GG server is due to it being almost empty all the time, we can of course change this... with your help.

Map List

we've created a map cycle that runs for roughly 10 maps that will play every Thursday. this will change as time goes on by suggesting that we add/remove maps via PM to myself or Spiked.

Confirmed:

gg_dm_hangumhigh-m
gg_cardhouse
gg_supadeth_b3
gg_dm_bloodarena3
gg_2fort_compound_hdr
gg_fy_iceworld_arena
gg_neonarena_ii
gg_digital_green
cs_streetfight
gg_waluigi

Testing:

gg_specular
gg_blackglass
gg_screwball_beta1
gg_mr_arena_v2
gg_bamboo
gg_mothership

Things to come:

This is yet to be discussed, but if these weekly occurrences become successful, then there could be a chance we start up a GunGame league, 6players to a team and roughly 8 teams competing each week versus each other until the end of the "season" which would last about 2 months.

hopefully our beloved MA, GarfieldH (if he approves of the idea) will think of some prizes for the winning team.

special thanks to SpikedRocker, who's helped me turn the idea into reality.

that's all, good luck and hopefully see you tonight :tongue_smilie:

Omar
16 Oct 2008, 07:38am
I think that's a great idea, and i would love to join tonight... BUT
I don't know that GMT thing, so what time is it compared to norway/sweden/denmark or just UK

What time will it be at scandinavia (norway/sweden/denmark

Svendy
16 Oct 2008, 08:05am
11pm gmt = 11pm in the UK
denmark is in gmt +1 so it will midnight

i'll be there!

Saxe
16 Oct 2008, 08:20am
I'll be there, and you'll get owned :D

SilentGuns
16 Oct 2008, 11:02am
awww im GMT+2

jeN
16 Oct 2008, 11:06am
Granted I'm not making dinner, I'll be there. =]

Eldest
16 Oct 2008, 11:14am
Sounds like a a fun event, I totally love GunGame but no way I'm going to play at 1AM(GMT+2), I'm not a night gamer =P.

Maybe in future we could do some a bit earlier, let's say 7-8PM your time?(9-10PM GMT+2)

Lux
16 Oct 2008, 11:30am
Daze we should make team UK :w00t:

SpikedRocker
16 Oct 2008, 11:31am
We can try other times as well...we ran a small test yesterday and we got up to 16 players at one point i think and we peeked at about midnight GMT.

Lux
16 Oct 2008, 11:37am
Yeah that was a good showing of people. Bad thing is 12pm GMT is maybe a bit late to be starting to play for me but hey ;/

SpikedRocker
16 Oct 2008, 11:49am
makes it easier for me to kill you :-P

Daze
16 Oct 2008, 12:14pm
we chose such a late time due to the fact theres so many more American players than European's. we can always start earlier in future, provided there are enough gamers who want to play.

Itch
16 Oct 2008, 01:16pm
It's a little bit early for me.. But once I get home from work I'll be there!

Harpr33t
16 Oct 2008, 01:19pm
We should have this on the weekends!!!!!!:cursing::cursing:

jeN
16 Oct 2008, 01:54pm
To be honest, you guys can just play whenever you want.. I'm sure once people notice there's actually players in they'll join. So if this time is bad for you, try joining at another time.

SpikedRocker
16 Oct 2008, 01:56pm
We can move it to the weekend but we'd like to see some dedicaton with filling it mid week...if we can keep it full for a few hours mid week then it shows we can fill it on a weekend.

MasterkennyG
16 Oct 2008, 02:32pm
why thursday

you would get so many more peple if it was on a friday and not on a week day.

you know the saying that friday is GAME NIGHT!!

because i sertanly cant play that late on thursday because I have school ,but on friday there isnot really any restrictions on players still in school.

Daze
16 Oct 2008, 02:34pm
because i sertanly cant play that late on thursday because I have school ,but on friday there isnot really any restrictions on players still in school.

6PM Eastern time is late? think about the people across the pond where it starts at 11PM?...

MasterkennyG
16 Oct 2008, 02:58pm
yeah i watch ugly betty at 6 lol

i ment in general.. but i guess its not that late .. but still friday is such a better day to do this. it even sounds better.. "gun game friday"..

just a suggestion..

Modgers1
16 Oct 2008, 03:28pm
Nice! I'll be there to keep my #1 rank on the server. :wink:

-Modgers

SpikedRocker
16 Oct 2008, 05:41pm
Congrats to daZe for organizing, imo, a successful event. In the first hour we kept the server full. By the time we both left at the 90 minute mark it still had 14 people in it. If someone lets me know when it died down to around 6 players that would be great. This was awesome. Next week we'll plan a bit better with map rotations and maybe a point scale to see who is the ultimate Gun Game Whore? So please join me in saying good work to daZe when you see him next.

Bubba
16 Oct 2008, 06:01pm
omg yea gungame tonight every1 join gg right now come on :drool:

Lux
16 Oct 2008, 06:12pm
It only just died down to 4 now. When I left 20 mins ago it was about 15 though

Eldest
16 Oct 2008, 10:24pm
Nice! I'll be there to keep my #1 rank on the server. :wink:

-Modgers

Let's play at the same time and I'll make sure your rank goes down :rlol:.

Daze
17 Oct 2008, 02:55am
last night's test run turned out to be more successful than I thought it would, when we first played gg_digital_green it was really fun and hectic with 24 people.

thanks to the people who stayed on the whole way through, I would have stayed longer but due to time zones and the fact that I'm an extremely lazy person when it comes to waking up for work in the morning means I had to go to bed.

hopefully next week we may be able to start an hour earlier, depending on the amount of interest.

as Spiked said from next week tallys on scores will be kept and updated every thursday.

Daze
17 Oct 2008, 02:55am
last night's test run turned out to be more successful than I thought it would, when we first played gg_digital_green it was really fun and hectic with 24 people.

thanks to the people who stayed on the whole way through, I would have stayed longer but due to time zones and the fact that I'm an extremely lazy person when it comes to waking up for work in the morning means I had to go to bed.

hopefully next week we may be able to start an hour earlier, depending on the amount of interest.

as Spiked said from next week tallys on scores will be kept and updated every thursday.

last night:

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/images/graphs/server_players.png?GSID=119795&start=-1d

Eldest
17 Oct 2008, 07:39am

last night:

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/images/graphs/server_players.png?GSID=119795&start=-1d

Not an hour earlier, 3 hours earlier!

SpikedRocker
17 Oct 2008, 07:41am
We are thinking around 8 PM GMT? How is that? I think that is 3 hours earlier, so you should be good Eldest! :-P

Itch
17 Oct 2008, 09:21am
NOOOO!!! don't start earlier..

Due to work/family on a week night.. I wasn't able to sign on until 9:00 EST.

It was good to see that it was still 4 on 4 .. though..

Really do whatever works best for the group.. but stick around longer if you can.

Daze
17 Oct 2008, 09:40am
there would be too seperate events in one day, one for Europe and one for USA.

hopefully making everyone happy :-P

Eldest
17 Oct 2008, 10:22am
We are thinking around 8 PM GMT? How is that? I think that is 3 hours earlier, so you should be good Eldest! :-P

That would be awesome!=P

Mammal
17 Oct 2008, 11:43am

LMAO!!!!
Am I the only one that thinks it looks like a penis? ^^

Sorry I couldnt be there, I go out on thursday nights to my club );
So if its ever on another day or if there are people on ill pop in, though I havent played css for more than a week.

Maximus
17 Oct 2008, 05:26pm
sounds like an awesome idea! ill be sure to make it on thursday

zippo
25 Oct 2008, 07:39am
Sounds great Ill be there :)