PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to vista

Shower Fart
13 Oct 2008, 08:45am
i just upgraded to vista and all my old files is in windows.old how can i get it back all my files are in there now i cant play counter strike i have to isntall it again plz help me i need my old files back :crying:

andre1028
13 Oct 2008, 08:49am
Lol reinstall counter strike. You should of saved your files on an external hard drive so you can transfer it to the new OS.

Shower Fart
13 Oct 2008, 08:59am
Lol reinstall counter strike. You should of saved your files on an external hard drive so you can transfer it to the new OS.

Ah what does that mean

Aaron117
13 Oct 2008, 10:02am
Ah what does that mean

A hard drive that isn't located inside your computer, you attach it with an high-speed interface cable to your computer, and pretty much save all the files/folders/everything to it before you get a new OS.

Lol

Shower Fart
13 Oct 2008, 11:28am
A hard drive that isn't located inside your computer, you attach it with an high-speed interface cable to your computer, and pretty much save all the files/folders/everything to it before you get a new OS.

Lol

um forget i figured it out but do you know if i can delete the windows.old files thx

Axel
24 Oct 2008, 12:24pm
um forget i figured it out but do you know if i can delete the windows.old files thx

You need administrative rights on your computer to delete the windows.old
But you can delete it
ONLY
if you have put everything back onto your computer
Just remember
you have everything you used to have stored in windows.old
you don't have to download anything!!
Just cut and paste things into their rightful place again :D
Im on vista now
and thats how i did it :D
If you need any help let me know ;D

Red
24 Oct 2008, 01:04pm
i just upgraded to vista

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Phobos
24 Oct 2008, 08:15pm
Well if you installed vista without reformatting, Vista pretty much gives you the option to put all your stuff from your old installation into a folder... I can't remember what it was called though since I'm not on it atm... but it's like C:\Windows.old or something.

Suri
26 Oct 2008, 07:45am
I had some many issues with Vista when it came to gaming that I just went back to XP. You might want to do the same.

Wrathek
26 Oct 2008, 08:40am
If your computer has less than 2GB of ram (even that is pushing it) Don't blame vista for your problems.

I've never had any issues, because i waited until proper drivers were available to make the change. I've had the same install for over a year and a half now, not a single BSOD, what have you. And my games run just as good as they did in xp.

Justice...
29 Oct 2008, 10:16am
If your computer has less than 2GB of ram (even that is pushing it) Don't blame vista for your problems.

I've never had any issues, because i waited until proper drivers were available to make the change. I've had the same install for over a year and a half now, not a single BSOD, what have you. And my games run just as good as they did in xp.

yea but XP owns Vista in many ways. Vista's style looks better, but much of it is fucked and XP is much better.

Axel
29 Oct 2008, 11:18am
yea but XP owns Vista in many ways. Vista's style looks better, but much of it is fucked and XP is much better.

Not necessarily true xD
It all about your own preferences. . .
I prefer vistas format
but I can use XP just as easily :D
I only upgraded to get used to this vista to stay current with technology
I'm a computer geek that way ;)
XP does have its advantages but I can never see myself going back to it. . .