PDA

View Full Version : Week 6

Italian Jew
12 Oct 2008, 02:15pm
LOL @ Redskins... way to make the Rams 1-4

Looks like the Colts are back, beating the Ravens much to my ire. I have McGahee on my fantasy team, and he just got rolled. :bored:

Good games so far today.

flowrida
12 Oct 2008, 02:17pm
ya it sucks that we lost but i think we were just not expecting them to play as well as they did. and our turnovers didnt help. rams arent a bad team theyre just cursed with injuries most of the time.

jeN
Colts always play good against the Ravens. PZRAVEN.

The last 20 seconds of the Bears, Falcons game was pretty good. I only got to watch that much. =[

flowrida
wait IJ whats your team?

Italian Jew
12 Oct 2008, 02:28pm
You know its the Cowboys, don't play coy :tongue_smilie:

Currently we are not starting too well against the Cards...blech

flowrida
12 Oct 2008, 02:32pm
o so your a dallass cowgirl fan.

flowrida
12 Oct 2008, 02:34pm
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/jacjr2002/BrokeBackTO.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr321/rhk065/bm2.jpg

Italian Jew
12 Oct 2008, 02:40pm
Whatever helps you sleep at night

so...many...damn...turnovers...

and its only the 1st quarter O_o

Red
12 Oct 2008, 03:17pm
Redskins, chokemasters

Italian Jew
12 Oct 2008, 03:20pm
Nah, I think we are the chokemasters (at least in recent years).

matt 187
12 Oct 2008, 03:45pm
Whatever helps you sleep at night

lulz!!!!!

raven maniac
12 Oct 2008, 04:46pm
:crying:

We didn't play very well. :sad: Like I said to Jen, and everyone else, the colts play AMAZING when they play against us and sure enough.......well we all know what happened. I think if Baltimore actually got a decent QB(that isn't over the hill, sorry McNair) we'd actually do fairly good. I mean come on, we won the superbowl in 00' with Trent Dilfer. :rlol:

After this season Ray Lewis goes to free agency. You think Baltimore will renew his contract or let him go free agency? If he goes free agency, which team you think will try to get him IF he doesn't retire?

flowrida
12 Oct 2008, 05:48pm
hopefully ray goes to redskins he'll be with a couple of UM buddies but i think he will resign. but anyways HOW BOUT THEM COWGIRLS !!!!

Italian Jew
12 Oct 2008, 05:50pm
Bleh...so close, yet so far...

It was a close game, but we didn't capitalize on anything early on in it which cost us it in the end. I hope the Boys are just facing their annual meltdown/slump earlier than normal and they bounce back when it matters.

We definitely need some work done on defense and our O-line. Everything else was both excellent and poor, which is usually how Dallas rolls anyway. The fundamentals need more work.

It wasn't a disappointing loss, but still a shitty one because we could have taken it. The thing is could have doesn't matter. The Cards deserved the win.

HOW BOUT THEM COWGIRLS !!!!

Sorry, couldn't hear you over the Rams fans.

I'd say Baltimore will try and resign Lewis, but I wouldn't imagine them giving him a huge paycheck if that is what he wants. I really can't see Lewis going anywhere else, so if Baltimore doesn't resign him, then he would probably retire. He has had a great career, so he deserves it.

flowrida
12 Oct 2008, 05:58pm
Sorry, couldn't hear you over the Rams fans.

thats right the cowgirls lost because TO was still afraid of throwing a pick to horton

Italian Jew
12 Oct 2008, 06:06pm
thats right the cowgirls lost because TO was still afraid of throwing a pick to horton

TO? I think you mean Romo...you know, the quarterback, not the receiver.

Anyways, if you watched the game, Romo didn't have any INTs, so I don't think he was afraid of Horton. If you saw the game, you'd see our O-line being beat most of the time, which is the main reason we lost to the Cards. However it may be, losing to the Cards is a whole lot better than losing to the Rams, so keep your QQ to a minimum. The season is still young, so we both have plenty of room for improvement.

matt 187
12 Oct 2008, 07:33pm
how bout dem rams!!! flow!?

flowrida
12 Oct 2008, 08:43pm
they one im not gonna deny that ill take this lose and get ready for next weeks game.

Italian Jew
13 Oct 2008, 11:14am
Looks like Romo broke one of his fingers on his throwing hand and will be out up to 4 weeks. We can probably handle the Rams without him, but maybe not the Bucs. I sure as hell don't like our odds against the Giants without Romo. :bored:

People will get to see if Brad Johnson has anything left in him.

Simply put, this sucks.

GrayFox
13 Oct 2008, 11:18am
Looks like Romo broke one of his fingers on his throwing hand and will be out up to 4 weeks. We can probably handle the Rams without him, but maybe not the Bucs. I sure as hell don't like our odds against the Giants without Romo. :bored:

Yea, hows it feel now. Thats pretty much how Pats fans were feeling, except we're out of Brady for a whole year. I didn't get to watch any football yesterday, but I heard Pats got rolled by the chargers.:bored:

raven maniac
13 Oct 2008, 12:45pm

People will get to see if Brad Johnson has anything left in him.

Simply put, this sucks.

Yea, hows it feel now. Thats pretty much how Pats fans were feeling, except we're out of Brady for a whole year. I didn't get to watch any football yesterday, but I heard Pats got rolled by the chargers.:bored:

Welcome to the Raven's world since 1996.

Our QB history is:
Testeverde
Harbaugh
Banks
Dilfer(backup, won superbowl & went 7-0 as starting QB to be released following year for Grback)
Grback
Boller
McNair
and finally Flacco.

We haven't had a quality QB in.......EVER. The Raven's play tough defensive football, but we're still looking for a QB. Dilfer, who is now retired, was the only QB we had that was actually OK. I don't consider McNair as a quality QB because of the fact then when played for the Ravens it was actually time for him to retire lol.

The Patriots have had Drew Bledsoe & Tom Brady, 2 quality QBs that have proven themselves. Now of course Bledsoe only had a 56% completion rating with 4,518 attempts and 2,544 completions, but still stellar numbers compared to those of the Ravens.

The Cowboys....come on.......Roger Staubach & Troy Aikman both Hall of Famers. You guys also had Drew Bledsoe, but he didn't play very well in Dallas lol.

You can never guarantee anything, but if the Raven's had a decent QB I think we would be a way better team.

Italian Jew
13 Oct 2008, 01:12pm
We have QBs for short periods. Yes Staubach and Aikman were some of the best, but they were not amazing for long stretches of time. We get plenty more of the shitty ones throughout most of our history.

The Ravens are relatively new compared to other teams, so they will eventually find a great QB. Hopefully, one will be found before your defense goes to shit. Some of your other QBs have been good, just that they couldn't be good consecutively, which is really important.

matt 187
13 Oct 2008, 02:33pm
banks was pretty good? raven....

raven maniac
13 Oct 2008, 03:06pm
banks was pretty good? raven....

The problem with Banks is that he was too inconsistent. He did decent throughout the season, but was replaced by Dilfer who went 3-0 during regular season and 4-0 during playoffs/super bowl.

Dilfer was, in my opinion, at best a backup QB, but proved me wrong when he played as good as he did in 00'.

matt 187
13 Oct 2008, 05:11pm
Dallas cowboys have had worst.they had like 2 or 3 no named quarterbacks! 2000:
2001-03: Quincy Carter
Chad Hutchinson-04

they had to be the worst NFL QB's in the league there not even playing in the NFL any more lol!

there was one more i just forgot his name

Italian Jew
13 Oct 2008, 06:00pm
Ryan Leaf

He sucked completely

We also had Cunningham, Wright, Stoerner, Henson, and Testerverde. From 2000 to 2004, we never had one QB start and finish a season. They all switched with Carter, Hutchinson, etc.

matt 187
13 Oct 2008, 07:54pm
Cunningham was awesome!