PDA

View Full Version : Questions about bans

Bullet Wound
8 Oct 2008, 07:19pm
Hi my in-game name is Bullet Wound, more recently its changed to Bullet Wound [Ninja] (don't ask why) and i just had a few questions about banning.

After a certain number of bans its a perma ban right? How many bans would that be and is it of the same type of ban or just any ban in general.
I pulled up my name in the ban list files and in the list ti has 1 ban, but 2 previous offenses, would my number of bans be judged on the list or the total list+previous
This is a little off topic but do u know of any program i can get that would record me while i play, i tried using the Record for the in-game demo but it doesn't seem to like me very much.

Thanks.

barackobama
8 Oct 2008, 07:22pm
1. We have a 3 strike rule, 3 bans = perm.

If you get caught cheating (hacking) it is a perm ban, no matter how many bans you have.

2. Yes

3. Google is your friend!

SATAN
8 Oct 2008, 07:23pm
Hi my in-game name is Bullet Wound, more recently its changed to Bullet Wound [Ninja] (don't ask why) and i just had a few questions about banning.

After a certain number of bans its a perma ban right? How many bans would that be and is it of the same type of ban or just any ban in general.
I pulled up my name in the ban list files and in the list ti has 1 ban, but 2 previous offenses, would my number of bans be judged on the list or the total list+previous
This is a little off topic but do u know of any program i can get that would record me while i play, i tried using the Record for the in-game demo but it doesn't seem to like me very much.

Thanks.

1. 3 bans = perma ban, doesnt matter, any bans more than 5 mins counts

2. I think you have 3 lol

3. Fraps, but you gotta pay

Bullet Wound
8 Oct 2008, 07:25pm
thanks for 1 and 3 but question 2 was a multiple choice...not a yes or no question lol

tank40175
8 Oct 2008, 07:51pm
Satan pretty much covered it: any 3 over 5 min ban. Any previous count if over 5 min ban.

Maxwelldon
8 Oct 2008, 11:32pm

Thanks.
1* We got three strike policy with certain criterias.. I've posted about them somewhere on forum but short said; Longer interval between bans, most like you don't get permed for three bans.
The shorter time it is, the more like person counts as griefer and will be permanently baned.

2* You seem have 2 previous offenses - they are counted by the "Previous offenses" if I'm right.
Though, five minute bans don't count.. Not sure if you have one of the bans five minutes but latest is for one hour

3* Fraps, GameCam, Xfire
- All these can record directly to exported format but uncompressed so you need a lot of space for recording. Then seperate software to compress the video files so they're not too big for upload, eg, to megavideo / youtube.
I could prefer to record with ingame demo first and then use these programs to be able edit the clips for movies etc.

Tcp-Kill
9 Oct 2008, 12:54am
Hmmm, the others have answered 1 and 3 well.

You have an hour, a day and a 5 minute.

IF you get banned 1 more time (over five minutes) it will be counted as a perm ban. 5 minute bans don't count just remember! Try not to get banned!

jeN
9 Oct 2008, 03:25am
I guess I judge the 3 strikes ban rule differently than other AO's. If someone had 3 bans, all for different reasons and all under a day, I wouldn't perm them over that. Some people simply don't read MOTD so they aren't aware of all the rules. If someone has multiple bans for the same thing over an hour, then I'll most likely perm them or put them on their last chance. Also if the time of your bans are very spread out from each other, then I wouldn't issue a perm. Which isn't really possible right now since the ban list was just reset in August.

Just be aware, 3 bans can get you permed if they're all over 5 minutes.

Bullet Wound
10 Oct 2008, 03:14pm
k thanks for the answers just one final question to go with those answers, seeing as i only have 1 strike left would there be some sort of trial (i know it sounds stupid), seeing as being permanently banned is a big deal. Where u go back to the offenses and review them, or is it just a "three strikes your out" kinda deal. Because although i did have 2 other bans, neither one was resolved before the end of the ban, so by then you were just like "bans over, just go playa nd have fun" without any real verdict.