PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break :: Open jails at X:X time?

Maxwelldon
7 Oct 2008, 04:27pm
So yea there is whole lot people whining to open jails all the time and now I've just had enough listening to it.
That's why I'm here on the forum to suggest us having a rule to open the cells at certain time point.

I've set up the time by my own experience and by playing quite lot on OUR servers to see what times suit best to open cells and when CT most likely is ready to open them.

NOTICE :: Rounds last 5min!!
There is 1min - 1.5min time to get ready as CT if this would be rule!!
Personally tested on about every map in the rotation, this should be enough!!

flowrida
7 Oct 2008, 04:28pm
i say no time because maps are different not all can be opened by a certain time.

Repus
7 Oct 2008, 04:31pm
1 min time to ct's get ready and open doors. I have sometimes been almost whole round, like in my map that 1 min is good.

Maxwelldon
7 Oct 2008, 04:32pm
i say no time because maps are different not all can be opened by a certain time.

I'm well aware of that as I've played the maps quite a lot. I've tried big bunch of variables which affect the time to be ready as CT and that's why I'm suggesting a "variable" time to be enforced instead of a solid time.

Most maps in our rotation I'm ready even with few bumps in the road at 4:00 to 3:30 and most likely even capable to open the cells myself.

SATAN
7 Oct 2008, 04:40pm
This really cant be a "rule"

What are you gonna do? Ban every CT because the doors where not opened?

its just a courtesy, when i'm on i usualy noclip myself at 3.50 and open them, noone has complained so far.

Maxwelldon
7 Oct 2008, 04:42pm

its just a courtesy
You can punish them for slacking but not exactly ban - they're basically holding up the actual game since you are suppose give T's commands of what to do since they're the prisoners and CT's are the guards.

SATAN
7 Oct 2008, 04:46pm
I know but like i said you would have to punish a whole team, people would get pissed.

Maxwelldon
7 Oct 2008, 04:56pm
I know but like i said you would have to punish a whole team, people would get pissed.
You can come up with suitable punishment yourself. It's still quite stupid to force 15 people wait whole round to open cells so they can even actually play.

Few options to punish the team;
1; Teleport CT to the button
2; Slap the CT team for 15 damage and teleport a CT to the switch
3; Slay one of CT's and teleport someone else to the switch.

Daze
7 Oct 2008, 05:00pm
I'm sick of players stating that it's a rule "OMG ITS PAST 4 U HAVE TO OPEN" when i tell them everytime, it's not a rule!.

we should really edit the maps and add a time that the doors open automatically i.e. 3:50, that's a nice time so you can get good positioning on almost any map and it would cut out all the pubescent whinning over mics to open cells.

Maxwelldon
7 Oct 2008, 05:06pm
I'm sick of players stating that it's a rule "OMG ITS PAST 4 U HAVE TO OPEN" when i tell them everytime, it's not a rule!.

we should really edit the maps and add a time that the doors open automatically i.e. 3:50, that's a nice time so you can get good positioning on almost any map and it would cut out all the pubescent whinning over mics to open cells. Editing maps is more easily said then done. Some maps have custom things which break up on decompile.
Contact map makers for that suggestion if you want it happen tho.

But for now in my opinion a little variable time would work fine.

SpikedRocker
7 Oct 2008, 05:26pm
The biggest issue you have here is what if no admin is on to no-clip out? You can't expect people to take demo's of this crap going on and we wouldn't not ban anyone for this. This is how you should look at it. If no one is there to enforce the rule, how is it gonna work?

flowrida
7 Oct 2008, 05:30pm
max how are you gonna tele port if your in cell? or how are you gonna tele if no admin is there?

it would be a fail rule

Astrum
7 Oct 2008, 05:35pm
This is something map creators need to take into account, not us.

flowrida
7 Oct 2008, 05:36pm
This is something map creators need to take into account, not us.

exactly

Joeytron
7 Oct 2008, 05:36pm

its just a courtesy, when i'm on i usualy noclip myself at 3.50 and open them, noone has complained so far.

qft

Paul
7 Oct 2008, 06:22pm
This rule would be a real ball ache for admins; what can you do to make them open it at this time period without abusing your admin powers? It would make even more rules for admins to look out for.

SpikedRocker
7 Oct 2008, 06:24pm
I'm sorry guys but this needs to be locked to prevent spammers from targeting it. They target threads with polls for some reason.