PDA

View Full Version : Can any experts help me???

James
31 Jul 2007, 09:30am
Hi, I was playing Insurgency yesterday, it was a good game I must admit. HOWEVER, it had crashed yesterday, so I restarted the computer, tried logging on to my computer and it came up with this:

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator."

"DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the registry."

Now what the hell is that about??? can anyone here help me out with this? since I cannot logon to my account, I am using a temporary account at the moment... any help would be appreciated!

James
31 Jul 2007, 09:41am
Mind your own fucking business.

Edo
31 Jul 2007, 12:46pm
James try this

Go to your Documents and Settings folder. Turn on "show hidden and system files" in folder options. You will see a hidden file called "NTUSER.DAT". If you want to see, you can try to open it in wordpad, and the system will get really laggy as it tries to read the bad sector, then wordpad will crash.

Just rename the file with a ".bak" extention and reboot. An older version of your registry will be recovered, from a day or two before the crash.

KikkoMan
31 Jul 2007, 06:16pm
If you disabled items from services.msc you may want to give a look into this site;
http://www.blackviper.com/

Seems like you need to create a new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812339

James
1 Aug 2007, 05:52am
Hmm.. this was odd.. I decided to enable all startup apps and crap, I restarted it.. and I could log back on (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). Could the crash have disabled system critical applications?

James
1 Aug 2007, 07:37am
Shut up Rob! Your sarcastic comments do not help.

jeN
1 Aug 2007, 01:22pm
Hmm.. this was odd.. I decided to enable all startup apps and crap, I restarted it.. and I could log back on (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?). Could the crash have disabled system critical applications?

It could have, but I don't think it'd be very likely. I'd run a scan for viruses and such just to make sure.

James
1 Aug 2007, 02:42pm
It could have, but I don't think it'd be very likely. I'd run a scan for viruses and such just to make sure.

That was the first thing I did. Nothing.

Henda
1 Aug 2007, 02:57pm
Me sides with Havoc, James is an idiot.

James
1 Aug 2007, 03:35pm
Henda, you always call me an idiot.

Riggs
1 Aug 2007, 05:17pm
I third that movement. All for James being an idiot.

broncoty
1 Aug 2007, 08:58pm
I third that movement. All for James being an idiot.

I second that motion

James
2 Aug 2007, 03:38am
And also, while James has been out in the evenings and he's ran system scans I have seen a few Trojans on his computer.

#1: That 'trojan' you are talking about was the norton security system seeing insurgency as one. It was a mistake with their virus definitions. So I ran liveupdate and it fixed it. IT WAS NOT A TROJAN!!!

#2: You CANNOT disable the system idle process.

#3: All I disabled in the startup and services; was Quicktime, the Java updater, and msn messenger, those were the only ones i disabled. SO SHUT UP ROB! You know jack shit

Riggs
2 Aug 2007, 05:42am
#2: You CANNOT disable the system idle process.

Actually, you can.. You're not supposed to, but you can.

You can also end the process that is the interface on your desktop. Took me about thirty minutes to fix that one.

Farmer Mick
2 Aug 2007, 07:50am
rofl, james is a stupid idiot i agree wiv y'all james kno's fuck all about cpu's all in fava of james being an dipshit say I!

:fight:

P.S. I cant rly say much lol

Riggs
2 Aug 2007, 03:48pm
rofl, james is a stupid idiot i agree wiv y'all james kno's fuck all about cpu's all in fava of james being an dipshit say I!

This is one of funnier ironic statements that I've ever read.

KikkoMan
2 Aug 2007, 04:27pm
Just like to mention...When you end processes from the task manager, they'll be back up and running during the next reset. Only way to stop a process from running during a startup is with msconfig or services.msc.

Riggs
2 Aug 2007, 05:45pm
msconfig or services.msc.

He probably deleted those. :rolleyes:

The General
2 Aug 2007, 07:44pm
I don't understand why havok is attacking or insulting james.
are you joking with him or are you being a jerk?

he asked for help not criticism.

I didn't read everything but read enough or what I believe was enough.

Did you figure out your problem james?

anyways if havoks just messing with james out of fun then hahahaha but if not then I ask, why? and why is mr mick attacking james too?

I've played with james and he doesn't seem like a bad fellow

Henda
2 Aug 2007, 07:46pm
Havok is James little brother, it's his job to annoy James :)

The General
2 Aug 2007, 07:57pm
lmao that makes sense.

lol I don't barely even talk to my little brother anymore, he is too dumb.

Henda
2 Aug 2007, 08:47pm
Well in havoc/james case, it's the older brother that's 2 dumb :D

James
3 Aug 2007, 04:28am
He probably deleted those. :rolleyes:

#1 No riggs, I did not delete those.

#2 General, my problem is fixed. My brother is an annoying 14 year old arsehole.

#3 Henda, Riggs, Mick, why will you not leave me be??

Henda
3 Aug 2007, 06:01am
Alright, we'll let james be.