PDA

View Full Version : rules for "rasicm"

Adam
1 Oct 2008, 08:35pm
I am just curious on what is considered "racism".

Examples:
If I was black and obviously was black and said the "N" word to another black person, is that racism?

or if i was white and said cracker(if that word is considered racist) to another white person?

GrayFox
1 Oct 2008, 08:36pm
Theres a thread on this out there somewhere.

Adam
1 Oct 2008, 08:39pm
Theres a thread on this out there somewhere.

Hmmmmm......

will find.
thanx

barackobama
1 Oct 2008, 08:42pm
If you say "nigger" to someone like "sup nigger", and it's not to offend them, then that is kinda ok, it's life... some people greet like that.

But if you we're to say it in a horrible way for example.. "you nigger" then that is not fine.
We do not tolerate racism, and we do not think it's ok to even greet people with the word, and your most likey to get banned for even using it to greet people..

But some very good advice, don't use the word or any word that is offensive.

P.S (Don't emo out on me saying that word, it's a word, and I'm using it as a example)

Paladin
1 Oct 2008, 08:54pm
Racism is racism, regardless of what color you are. I'm sorry, but that greeting part is bullshit.

That word was used as a derogatory term for african americans for the entire duration of slavery, and even after slavery they were still called that word on a daily basis to put them down, to tear them apart. When people greet each other using the n word, I get pissed off. Abolitionists, Black Rights Activists, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, they all worked so that they didn't have to get called that on a daily basis, and now whenever someone goes "Sup nigga" it's like a slap in the face of all of their work.

barackobama
1 Oct 2008, 09:02pm
Racism is racism, regardless of what color you are. I'm sorry, but that greeting part is bullshit.

That word was used as a derogatory term for african americans for the entire duration of slavery, and even after slavery they were still called that word on a daily basis to put them down, to tear them apart. When people greet each other using the n word, I get pissed off. Abolitionists, Black Rights Activists, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, they all worked so that they didn't have to get called that on a daily basis, and now whenever someone goes "Sup nigga" it's like a slap in the face of all of their work.

Point taken, agreed.

Taylor
1 Oct 2008, 09:32pm
Point taken, agreed.

I 3rd that

Tcp-Kill
2 Oct 2008, 02:11am
The word itself, or any other racial term of slur, is not alloud on our servers.

Even as a greet, that would be a warning, may this person do it again: week ban.

Someone in an argument, if they use that word to 'attack' the other person of the argument, that would be a possible straight up perm ban.

I have seen, someone greet, and i have warn them, then they say something like "fucking nigger admin" Which, morons like that, get perm banned.

Tyrant
2 Oct 2008, 03:33pm
Personally, I kick the person, then if they offend again, ban them. Some people blatantly overuse the word, as well as put it in there name and dont change it no matter what, and these persistent people are the kinds I get proof of and move for a perm ban.

My best advice is to remove all perceived racist words from your vocabulary before playing.

Jaffa
2 Oct 2008, 03:51pm
If its a racist word, just don;t say it, the excuse about it being between two black people is useless on the internet because the internet is colourless

Repus
2 Oct 2008, 04:56pm
But racism isn't always n-word or about black ppl

Jaffa
2 Oct 2008, 06:51pm
so?

Sandstorm
2 Oct 2008, 07:01pm

Eh. Maybe. The reason black people say it to one enother is to try to change the meaning. To desensitize themselves to the word and to change the definition from 'slave' to more of hommie or dude or man. So don't get all pissed off, because it's just the way people cope with it. Unless you're Kramer.

jeN
2 Oct 2008, 08:30pm
Eh. Maybe. The reason black people say it to one enother is to try to change the meaning. To desensitize themselves to the word and to change the definition from 'slave' to more of hommie or dude or man. So don't get all pissed off, because it's just the way people cope with it. Unless you're Kramer.

Who are you to say that's why they say it? Some 16 year old white boy.. yeah, not an opinion I'd trust regarding such matters. =] Especially when most teenagers think they know everything about life and have everything all figured it out.

We don't allow racism at all on our servers. In certain instances we let it slide with a warning. It used to a zero racism tolerance, but we're trying to lighten up a little bit; either way no racism is allowed on our servers whether you're white, black, yellow, blue, purple. We aren't trying to jump down everyone's throat for saying words that may come natural or simply joking around, it just isn't something we need or want on the servers. But srsly, any type of racism = potential ban.

Jaffa
2 Oct 2008, 08:58pm
I've always been told to warn about not using racism on first instance if it hasn't been used in a very offensive context (with a ban following repeated offenses), if it has been used offensive/racially, week ban, with a perm ban request thread if it is deemed necessary.

jeN
2 Oct 2008, 09:12pm
I've always been told to warn about not using racism on first instance if it hasn't been used in a very offensive context (with a ban following repeated offenses), if it has been used offensive/racially, week ban, with a perm ban request thread if it is deemed necessary.

Yeah, that's fine. If someone's just out to piss people off and grief, ban by all means. If someone says it once, then warn them. Not all servers ban for racism, so maybe they just didn't know.